Export xml to srt

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
Sombre13

Export xml to srt

Post by Sombre13 »

Hello,

Is there a way to export xml subtitle to srt with timings from VF package? There are 6 folders with xml subtitles, cpl, pkl. Whenever i import each xml file to subedit it gives me right lines but wrong timings, I believe cpl reads all reels of subtitles and connects them in a right order and timings ? each xml timings goes up to 16min~ not continuous way..

Basically we need unencrypted dcp with VF subtitles convert to MKV with srt track subtitles.

Pleae help me with this.
Carsten

Re: Export xml to srt

Post by Carsten »

Not sure if I understand everything - but, since you mention multiple folders, this is probably a DCP segmented in so called 'reels'. Every reel's subtitles have their timing referenced to the reel, not the full runtime. The easiest way to create a composite subtitle file is to load the DCP (OV and VF) into DCP-o-matic, create a new DCP from it, and make sure 'single reel' is selected under DCP. That will result into a single subtitle XML file, with contiguous timing.

The latest test release has a dedicated subtitle export option, and should do the trick without creating a new DCP, but I haven't done any testing of it so far.

- Carsten
Sombre13

Re: Export xml to srt

Post by Sombre13 »

Thank you for your answer I believe that will work!