KDM not working form Barco ICMP

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
jakub.krolikowski

KDM not working form Barco ICMP

Post by jakub.krolikowski »

Hi, we have a problem with KDM creation for Barco ICMP servers.
Barco server recognizes the generated KDM, server can decode the DCP package, "properties" says "ready to play", so everything looks fine,
but when the playback starts, the player says "no valid key found - cannot play".
I've tried all output types, but the result is the same.
Using 2.14.57 version.

I asked another technician for help, he is using different professional software for KDM generation.
And his KDM works well.

I think what makes the difference is "AuthorizedDeviceInfo" tag and "DeviceListDescription" value.
Mine looks like this:
trusted1.png
trusted1.png (26.55 KiB) Viewed 1700 times
His, the working one, looks like this:
trusted2.png
trusted2.png (26.68 KiB) Viewed 1700 times
Is the "Assume Trust TDL" kind of preserved keyword/keyterm or something? Can I generate KDM with DCP-o-matic with this keyterm?
carl
Site Admin

Re: KDM not working form Barco ICMP

Post by carl »

Hi,

The <DeviceListDescription> is described in the standard as "strictly meant as a display hint to the user", and that certificate thumbprint 2jmj... is a "magic" value meaning "assuming trust" so I think (hope) that the DeviceListDescription doesn't matter.

It could be that you're seeing a problem that has recently come to light with the length of the validity period for the signing certificates that DCP-o-matic uses. It would be great if you could try this version of DCP-o-matic. On startup it should ask you about recreating the signing certificates (and you should agree). Then perhaps you could try re-making the KDM and seeing if that helps.
jakub.krolikowski

Hi, thank you for this suggestion. Can I avoid recreating the signing certificates to use this version?
DKDM for the DCP package I'm delivering to the theatres was created for the current certificate. Recreating means I'll have to get a new DKDM, right?
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

At the moment we're only changing the signing certificates (not the ones used for KDM decryption) so I don't think it should affect your KDM. Please back up your configuration before you start, if you do try the new version, though!
jakub.krolikowski

Carl, thank you! Looks like the new version is working well, Barco ICMP can validate the new kdm!
I can confirm the decoding key is the same, I didn't have to ask for a new DKDM.
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

One question - you mention the KDMs you make are created with DCP-o-matic with a DKDM - has the DCP that this (D)KDMs are made for also been created with DCP-o-matic ? And if so, do you know the specific version of DCP-o-matic that had been used for creating the encrypted DCP? Did you create a new OV, or a VF?
jakub.krolikowski

No DCP and DKDM were created with different software.
jakub.krolikowski

By the way: the download link for 2.15.179 doesn't work now
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

Some of the 2.15.x versions don't last very long on the website, but this page always has the current test version.