DCP creating thousands of extra frames!

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
LeDoofer

DCP creating thousands of extra frames!

Post by LeDoofer »

I have a 3'44" project @25fps. Export visuals as .TIF images (5,559 frames) and audio as 48kHz .WAV.

I create a DCP with these. Content page specify 25fps, DPC page specify 24fps output.

DCP-o-matic makes me a lovely DCP, sound & vision synchronised, plays at full speed in DCP-o-matic player on my laptop (Asus ROG Ryzen 9, 3060): Hoorah! But it's 3'44" or so of my film, then lots more black frames to make a 5'34" DCP with a total of 8,038 frames.

Eh? Where are all those spare black frames coming from?

I've repeated the process, specifying the correct duration in Content:Timing:Play Length, but I get the same result.

Any thoughts on what else I need to change?
carl
Site Admin

Re: DCP creating thousands of extra frames!

Post by carl »

Perhaps you could attach the metadata.xml file from your project, or send it to carl@dcpomatic.com
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

Thanks. It looks like you have this WAV file in the project that is 5:35 long. DCP-o-matic will assume that you want the whole of that to be included in the DCP. If you don't, you will need to trim it (either before importing, or using the Timing tab).
LeDoofer

Post by LeDoofer »

Doh!
Ta.
Sorry for the time wasting, the extra frames meant I concentrated on the video, not the audio!!