OV + VF Interop to SMPTE

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
mohmad0ali92

OV + VF Interop to SMPTE

Post by mohmad0ali92 »

Hey, I got an Interop DCP OV + VF for (7.1) Audio

I rewrapped the OV to SMPTE DCP - everything is fine how to rewrap the VF to VF SMPTE
I import the VF but when I switch to SMPTE in the DCP tab the option of VF is grayed out.

Thank you
barber

Re: OV + VF Interop to SMPTE

Post by barber »

Hi,
You should first import the new SMPTE OV, check the VF option under the "video" tab then import the audio mxf from the old 7.1 VF. And don't forget to disable the audio of the SMPTE OV and select 7.1 in "DCP" tab. ;)
mohmad0ali92

Post by mohmad0ali92 »

barber wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:22 am Hi,
You should first import the new SMPTE OV, check the VF option under the "video" tab then import the audio mxf from the old 7.1 VF. And don't forget to disable the audio of the SMPTE OV and select 7.1 in "DCP" tab. ;)
This works but the issue now is the VF is multi-reels, so all the 7.1 mxf I imported are coming above each other on multi-tracks in the timeline, is there a way to make import them sequentially on the same track? " I don't trust to drag and drop on the timeline window cuz it's slow I might get sync issue"
here's an image explaining when happened

The second question is that the 7.1 option on the dcp page is only with "7.1/HI/VI" is there a normal 7.1 option?

thx
barber

Post by barber »

OK, that case is a little trickier in DOM. I can think of 2 ways to do it :
1. You can use the "Move to start of reel" in the "Timing" tab for ordering the audio files in a more reliable way than in the Timeline.
2. You can create a new OV 7.1 DCP (without re-encoding) with one reel then import the resulting audio file... but it takes some space and time.
Maybe other users will have better ideas.

The "12 (channels) - 7.1/HI/VI" channel layout is the correct option. HI/VI are in channels 7/8 and won't be populated if you do the right mapping.