Audio out of sync

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
Erik G

Audio out of sync

Post by Erik G »

Hello DCP-o-matic folks!

I am new to using DCP format. I have a 90 minute documentary film that will be shown a few cinemas in Santa Cruz, CA. I downloaded DCP-o-matic and followed the instructions. The movie file is 1920 x 1080. The frame rate is 23.98. The audio Bit rate is 317kbps, 2 channel stereo, 48.000 kHz.

I verified the DCP n the DCP-o-matic player. It looks great but the audio is not in sync. I suspect I did something wrong in the transcoding process. I selected 24fps because there was a message that popped up saying most cinemas want 24fps. I am not sure if that is why it's playing out of sync audio.

Any suggestions? More information from me to assist with a solution for this? Thank you!
carl
Site Admin

Re: Audio out of sync

Post by carl »

Hi Erik,

Can you attach the metadata.xml and log files that DCP-o-matic wrote inside your project folder? Or send them to carl@dcpomatic.com?
Erik G

Post by Erik G »

Yes, absolutely. Here you go.
Attachments
metadata.xml
(4.84 KiB) Downloaded 64 times
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

Thanks, I can't see anything going wrong there. Can you email/attach the "log" file which is in the same place as that metadata.xml?
Erik G

Post by Erik G »

I can't seem to attach it. I received an error message. However, I opened the film in the DCP-o-matic player and the audio is playing fine now. Perhaps it was just my computer playing it out of sync because I have premiere and other apps open. I closed everything and the audio/video plays perfectly.
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

Strange ... well, let us know if the bad sync happens again!
Erik G

Post by Erik G »

I will if any such problems occur. Thank you very much for your time and support! I love this software. I am telling the producers of this project to donate. I know I will! Cheers!