Dcp-o-matic left unexpectedly

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
Lebrac

Dcp-o-matic left unexpectedly

Post by Lebrac »

Hello,

I have been using dcp-o-matic for several years with satisfaction. Yesterday I downloaded the latest stable version (2.16.24) and installed it as a replacement for the previous version (*) on my Macintosh (OS X El Capitan 10.11.6). When launching the application, I systematically get the error message "Dcp-o-matic left unexpectedly".

I don't know what to do... Thank you for your help :-)

(*) I don't remember the version previously installed, but it seems to me that it was a 2.16.x version ...

--
Lebrac'h
--
Lebrac'h
Lebrac

Re: Dcp-o-matic left unexpectedly

Post by Lebrac »

Actually, previous release was 2.16.13 ...
--
Lebrac'h
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

When it crashes if you can click the "Report..." button you should get a more detailed report of what happened - perhaps you can attach that or send it to carl@dcpomatic.com
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

Right-Click->Archive DCP-o-matic preferences folder (as a backup). Then, delete the preference file/folder. Then try to restart DCP-o-matic.

https://dcpomatic.com/faq?id=23
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

I got a error report... it's a build/compatibility problem with El Capitan - I think I have a fix but I need to rebuild some stuff and try to get a VM together to test it.

https://dcpomatic.com/bugs/view.php?id=2338
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

@Lebrac it would be great if you could test this build to see if it works on El Capitan.