VTT and SRT files

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
cxi2001

VTT and SRT files

Post by cxi2001 »

Hi All,

I'm trying to create a DCP with a supplied SRT and VTT file. The SRT seems to work ok but as soon as i add the VTT the program crashes - am i right to assume DCPoMatic really doesn't like VTT files?
It looks like (from an MP4 screener with the subtitles burnt in) the VTT carries the info for an alternate font and black background.
Is there anyway to get this info in ?

Any suggestions much appreciated.

Nick
carl
Site Admin

Re: VTT and SRT files

Post by carl »

Hi Nick,

Indeed DCP-o-matic needs some fixes to support VTT, there's a old bug report about it. I increased the priority of that report a bit.

If you mean a black background rectangle, I think that is going to be difficult with current versions. You could use ASS or XML format to achieve a font change.
cxi2001

Post by cxi2001 »

Yes, that's what i figured, i think we'll just go with a change of font for now !
Thanks for getting back to me.
cherie_rivers

Post by cherie_rivers »

Nick,
I'm trying to add an SRT file with Closed captioning. Do you know what I should put in as the DCP Test Track name? If anything? I have yet to be able to successfully add Closed Captioning.
Thanks.
Ron

Post by Ron »

Nick,
Another solution would be converting the VTT file to SRT given that DoM has excellent SRT support.

There are a number of converters out there and I think I might have seen a website for online conversions…. I am on a mac and I use one from the app store to convert SRTs to CSV to create dialogue lists but I’ve seen “VTT” listed on it.
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

Cherie - did you read and try this:

https://dcpomatic.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=9375#p9375