Audio Output Monitoring

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
PaulTV

Audio Output Monitoring

Post by PaulTV »

Hi all,

I've searched for this subject but came up without any clear result.

I'm monitoring using a Black Magic card (Intensity 4k ) but am unable to get DOM to "see" anything other than 2 channels for output, see the attached screen shot. My system works fine in 5.1 with my DAW and Video edit software but DOM comes up with " 2 Channels on wasapi " and maps the output as shown. This is also true with the DOM Player.
wasapi channels.PNG
Searched for set wasapi channel count higher but drew a bit of a blank - any thoughts?

many thanks

Paul :-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
carl
Site Admin

Re: Audio Output Monitoring

Post by carl »

What sort of audio driver are you using in your DAW/video editor? WASAPI? Or maybe ASIO or something?
PaulTV

Post by PaulTV »

Hi Carl,

On all my applications I connect to Black Magic Asio - Audtion, Premiere, Resolve After Effects and so on...
asio.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

I think the audio back-end library we're using does support ASIO, maybe we should allow it as an option.
PaulTV

Post by PaulTV »

That would be excellent - there's so few ways to play a full 2k/4k DCP in 5.1 at least that's my experience - I tested Cine-Asset player but again, it connects to my BM 3D Extreme card but forces only SDI output, my audio system isn't SDI compliant - maybe time for a converter? Neither Audacity nor VLC will feed the DCP content to my monitoring system via the BM card.

many thanks,

carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

I'll try to look at it; here's a bug on the tracker.
PaulTV

Post by PaulTV »

Thanks Carl,

Have a nice evening !