DCP LOOP

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
Cooller89

Re: DCP LOOP

Post by Cooller89 »

Carsten wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 3:55 pm You just create an OV with your content, which plays it a single time. You create a VF, import that OV DCP, choose to reuse it for video/audio, and repeat it as often as you want to have it repeated. The new VF then contains nothing than the 'play x times' CPL, and references the content from the OV.
You have to ingest BOTH DCPs, before you can play that VF, and you have to notify the projectionist which one to play. You may use completely different names for both DCPs/CPLs, so, the OV could be 'DONOTPLAYTHISUSETHEVF', and the VF 'PLAYME'.

You could eben JUST tick 'Use this DCP's video...' and add a completely different contiguous audio track to it. At least per DCP definition. DCP-o-matic however seems to have a problem rendering this properly (at least it 2.16.32).

Bildschirmfoto 2022-11-07 um 17.03.03.png

You could even JUST tick 'Use this DCP's video...' and add a completely different contiguous audio track to it. At least per DCP definition. DCP-o-matic however seems to have a problem rendering this properly (at least it 2.16.32). The non referenced added audio does not play properly, but is just crackling.
but if I don't change the audio track, but leave the original one, then this way I can do as many such repetitions as I want without any problems?
Cooller89

Post by Cooller89 »

when creating a VF , when I do OV repeat , I can 't check the box anymore

Carsten

Post by Carsten »

Read the hint below that checkbox! That's normal until you change reel mode.
Cooller89

Post by Cooller89 »

Carsten wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:12 pm Read the hint below that checkbox! That's normal until you change reel mode.
damn, right, here I am inattentive )) thanks
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

Yeah. We thought wether we should change reel mode automatically to content based when selecting VF, but, Carl didn't like the idea of a parameter changing silently in the background. Therefore, the hint. Maybe one should formulate that hint in a different way, not expressing 'You can't', but 'You need to do this, in order to achieve that...'
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

Yeah. We thought wether we should change reel mode automatically to content based when selecting VF, but, Carl didn't like the idea of a parameter changing silently in the background. Therefore, the hint. Maybe one should formulate that hint in a different way, not expressing 'You can't', but 'You need to do this, in order to achieve that...'
I don't think I feel so strongly about this as I used to ... maybe we should change it after all.
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

Yeah, maybe just a short/small notification/confirmation should go with it.
scorpio81

Post by scorpio81 »

And I have another question. What if I add not a DCP but a file and repeat it several times? It would be great if DCP-o-matic could create multi-reel DCP with single audio/video asset containing this original file just once. I mean, when DCP-o-matic detects that some file is repeated, for example, 2 times, and 'Split by video content' is chosen, then it creates 2 reels both containing the same audio/video assets.
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

We talked about this a bit on this bug.
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

Yeah, that's an ongoing feature request. It is easy to push something like this into a DCP - but there needs to be a nice and non convoluted way to do this in DCP-o-matic GUI.