Importing of config.xml

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
kcsim99

Importing of config.xml

Post by kcsim99 »

Hi all,

I was using the DCP-o-matic KDM Creator 2.14.33 on Ubuntu 16.04 server and it's working great.

So I setup a new Lubuntu 18.04 VM and installed DCP-o-matic 2.16.32 and imported all the keys and cinemas sceens. However, when I tried to use the config.xml from my old setup, when I selected "use this file as new configuration file", the DKDMs from my previous install does not show up.

Is there something i missed having to do before migrating the config.xml from the old version to the new one?
Carsten

Re: Importing of config.xml

Post by Carsten »

'However, when I tried to use the config.xml from my old setup, when I selected "use this file as new configuration file"'

How did you perform this? In general, it should be sufficient to put the old config.xml into the new prefs folder. Typically, after installation, you start up DCP-o-matic a single time and let it create a new prefs directory. Then quit, put the previous prefs into it, and restart again.

Usually, this will work, if there isn't too great a version difference between DCP-o-matic old and new. Best usually is to update the old version to the same as the version you are going to install.

In general, there are multiple options to migrate the various prefs parts - backup, export, import, copy, etc.
kcsim99

Re: Importing of config.xml

Post by kcsim99 »

Hi Carsten,

Thanks for the reply.

'How did you perform this? In general, it should be sufficient to put the old config.xml into the new prefs folder. Typically, after installation, you start up DCP-o-matic a single time and let it create a new prefs directory. Then quit, put the previous prefs into it, and restart again.'

I've been using the config.xml and cinemas.xml saved on a network share (NAS) which allows me easily backup the files and also share them with different instances of DCPOMATIC KDM creator when the need arises.

So I'm not sure what happened but by restarting and trying a few more times, the program was able to read the config.xml file.