DCP playback is very slow

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
zaroc

DCP playback is very slow

Post by zaroc »

Afternoon,

So our movie was made out of pocket and has been recently picked up for the biggest festival in our country, which requires the delivery of a DCP.
I had to learn about the creation of these and proceeded to make one thanks to these incredible free tools along with the info from these forums. But unfortunately I have tried to play it back after finishing the encoding and the playback is terribly slow, and now I can't tell if that's normal and my hardware just can't play it properly (which I'd find weird since I had a pro res file that was even bigger that played fine) or if the DCP is borked.

Any info would be greatly appreciated as I need to deliver this fast and no idea if it's in a good state.

Cheers,

Zaroc
carl
Site Admin

Re: DCP playback is very slow

Post by carl »

Hi Zaroc,

First I would try the suggestions here. You could also try the demo of the Easy DCP player, linked from here which I think still allows a short amount of playback (and is faster than DCP-o-matic).
zaroc

Post by zaroc »

It indeed seems a bit faster with easy dcp but still slow and quality of the video seems way off, both in resolution and colour. It seems like a hardware issue to me but I am concerned as I have no other way of testing. Guess I can send it off to the Festival and have them pre-check it before hand.
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

Is the resolution and colour ok in the DCP-o-matic player?
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

Can you tell us about your playback system? Can you try it on other systems?