Corrupting settings + outline error in batch converter

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
cloud06

Corrupting settings + outline error in batch converter

Post by cloud06 »

Hey everyone,

I have strange problem. Sometimes DOM just resets all settings after running batch converter. Like batch converter corrupts settings from main DOM app... I am using latest version (2.12.6).

I usually get this error that I attached. And after recreating certificate chain, what happens is I loose all custom settings (for example issuer field in settings)...

Also, the other day I had to restore decrypting certificates and keys from backup, because they all changed probably due to the same reason.

I stopped using batch converter right now, just to be sure that everything is working as it should.

Also, one time batch converter didn't put outline on burned in subtitles (after rendering with main DOM app, there were outlines burned in as they should have been in batch converter)...

Best,
Tomislav
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
carl
Site Admin

Re: Corrupting settings + outline error in batch converter

Post by carl »

Hi there,
That's strange. Do you ever open the preferences dialogue from inside the batch converter?
cloud06

Post by cloud06 »

Hm, now I opened it, and it didn't corrupt settings. Also, all settings in batch converter are same as in DOM now when I look at it.

It happened 2 or 3 times in last month or something.

I will try to cause this again, and get back to you.

Also, I don't know if this is related, but DOM can't open batch converter automatically (make dcp in batch converter)...
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

Yes, the latter one currently is a feature, not a bug. I recently suggested to add 'open DCP in player' to that menu, and it would be nice if that would also start the player if it wasn't already running. If that works, it would probably work to fire up batch converter as well. I don't know though, how complicated it is to start any separate app on all supported platforms. On my Mac, I have a dozen different versions of the DCP-o-matic suite in separate folders. How would DCP-o-matic know which one to choose? I would, of course, prefer to start the one located in the same folder as the DCP-o-matic main app that called it.

- Carsten