DCP have problem of 3D

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
kevin_vu

DCP have problem of 3D

Post by kevin_vu »

DCP version 1.76 don't create 3D Alternate , 3D left only , 3D right only

software cineasset create 3D content. Why don't DCP make 3D content?

who know that?
carl
Site Admin

Re: DCP have problem of 3D

Post by carl »

DCP-o-matic will make a 3D DCP if you tick "3D" in the DCP panel. If you have 2D content in a 3D DCP, the content will be copied to each eye. Alternatively, you can put 3D content in by importing a file and then specifying how the 3D is encoded (by using the frame type option as discussed here. Does that make sense?
kevin_vu

Post by kevin_vu »

I will try to make 3D content again
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

Hi Carl,

guess the german translation of the 3D content options needs some polishing as well - I have never done a 3D DCP, since our system is not 3D capable.

Let's check this:

2D
3D left/right is single stream side-by-side
3D top/bottom is single stream over/under
3D alternate is single stream with every other picture L/R
3D Left only/right only is for dual/separate stream content with L/R

Is there a way or need to indicate L/R sequence? It's easy to adjust for 3D Left only/right only, but could be handy for the single stream variants. Something like a 'reverse frame order' checkbox? One could introduce it as additional options in the 3D format selector, but then that menu would again grow large and cluttered with four more options?

- Carsten
kevin_vu

Post by kevin_vu »

hi carl

I maked a 3D content. I choosed 3D Alternate option. But when i play it in GDC server. My 3D content just is a single DCP like as 2D content. It isn't 3D Alternate content. It dont have 3D effect.

you should be check all of 3D options

3D Alternate, 3D left/right, 3D top/bottom, 3D left only, 3D right only. This options is having problem.