How to make playlist in dcp-o-matic player

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
alexbukreev

How to make playlist in dcp-o-matic player

Post by alexbukreev »

Hi, can you explain me how to make playlist in dcp-o-matic player? When I try to open Dcp-o-matic Playlist Editor, I see can't find the program «/usr/bin/dcpomatic2_playlist.

Thanks a lot!

Alex
carl
Site Admin

Re: How to make playlist in dcp-o-matic player

Post by carl »

The playlist editor isn't currently shipped with the main DCP-o-matic, but I guess there's no reason why it shouldn't be.
rahmani

Post by rahmani »

Hi there
Now I think it is a good time to say how to use playlist editor, I tried once but, couldn't use it!
Couldn't understand the error message!(I am using DOM 2.14.40)
PL-Error-message.png
PL-Error-message.png (30.94 KiB) Viewed 10353 times
Regard's
Soleyman
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

The playlist editor has had quite a few improvements in the "test" branch of DCP-o-matic, so if you experimenting with it I would suggest you get it from here.
rahmani

Post by rahmani »

How to add content? Its window is empty with no control for adding new cpls.
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

The playlist editor is still quite rough around the edges. I suggest downloading 2.15.104 when it is available (hopefully in the next few hours) as that has some important fixes.

With the current version you need to go into preferences and specify a content directory where all your content will come from; then you can choose from there to add to playlists. It was done this way as required by the user that originally paid for the playlist functionality to be added. It could be extended to get content from anywhere.

However, do get 2.15.104 before you try as it probably won't work at all with anything earlier.