KDM validity period starts before or close to the start of the signing certificate validity period

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
Alex Asp

KDM validity period starts before or close to the start of the signing certificate validity period

Post by Alex Asp » Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:27 pm

I have installed today a test version of DOM 2.15.38. It failed to start due to a missing library.
So I went back to 2.15.37, made an encripted DCP and tried to create a DKDM for it
Then I got this message: KDM validity period starts before or close to the start of the signing certificate validity period, and no DKDM was written.

How bad thais is, and how do I overcome this "little complication"?

Thanks

Alex

carl
Site Admin

Re: KDM validity period starts before or close to the start of the signing certificate validity period

Post by carl » Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:48 pm

That's odd. Was there a version of DOM on that machine before you installed 2.15.38?

Alex Asp

Re: KDM validity period starts before or close to the start of the signing certificate validity period

Post by Alex Asp » Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:04 pm

Yes,

and went back to 2.15.37

carl
Site Admin

Post by carl » Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:23 pm

How long ago did you install the first DOM on that machine (roughly)? Can you email me the contents of

Code: Select all

/Users/you/Library/Preferences/com.dcpomatic
?

carl@dcpomatic.com

carl
Site Admin

Post by carl » Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:37 pm

Thanks. I take it you're making KDMs with a validity period starting about now? If so, you shouldn't be seeing that error. Let me have a quick look at a few things.

Also, what's the end time on the KDMs you are making?