DKDM

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
Margus Voll

DKDM

Post by Margus Voll »

Hi.

I wonder if DKDM is only usable with DOM or would external apps be also able to use or read it?

I have send crypted dcp to distributor and they ask now DKDM from me.
Carsten

Re: DKDM

Post by Carsten »

KDMs and DKDMs created and used by DCP-o-matic are universal, they are compatible with all other software, commercial or non-commercial.
Provided that the proper certs are used and procedures are followed.

If in doubt, it is easy to prototype a KDM/DKDM/encryption/decryption workflow between two separate installations of DCP-o-matic. This can even be on the same machine, e.g. by using two different user accounts. Every account will have it's own set of prefs and certs created per default, and it is possible to create KDMs/DKDMs back and forth between the two.

- Carsten
gunnar

Post by gunnar »

Margus Voll wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 2:37 pm I have send crypted dcp to distributor and they ask now DKDM from me.
You have to generate DKDM targeted at their system. Not your install of DoM.
If you sent them DKDM that you created for your install of DoM, that won't work.
Margus Voll

Post by Margus Voll »

Carsten wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:33 pm KDMs and DKDMs created and used by DCP-o-matic are universal, they are compatible with all other software, commercial or non-commercial.
Provided that the proper certs are used and procedures are followed.

If in doubt, it is easy to prototype a KDM/DKDM/encryption/decryption workflow between two separate installations of DCP-o-matic. This can even be on the same machine, e.g. by using two different user accounts. Every account will have it's own set of prefs and certs created per default, and it is possible to create KDMs/DKDMs back and forth between the two.

- Carsten
Thanks!
Margus Voll

Post by Margus Voll »

gunnar wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:35 pm
Margus Voll wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 2:37 pm I have send crypted dcp to distributor and they ask now DKDM from me.
You have to generate DKDM targeted at their system. Not your install of DoM.
If you sent them DKDM that you created for your install of DoM, that won't work.
Is there correct procedure guide for that?
Margus Voll

Post by Margus Voll »

"This is a normal KDM, but instead of being targeted at a projection system (to allow it to decrypt the content) it is targeted at a particular user's certificate. This means that the certificate owner can create new KDMs for other users. The DKDM holds everything that is required to create further KDMs."

Do i undrestand it corretcly that i make "DKDM" in regular make KDM window just the target cinema and screen is other system certificate instead of projection?

In my case i have clipsters cert sent to me from client side.
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

In DCP-o-matic 2.14, there is a special option to create a DKDM for your own DCP-o-matic installation. DKDMs for external systems would have to be created in the normal screen KDM creation dialog. An external KDM management system is created/setup just like a cinema and screen (Cinema could be company, screen would be KDM management or mastering system). In current 2.15 test versions however, there is now a special DKDM creation dialog - however, it is easy to recognise that it is just a stripped down version of the full screen KDM creation window. The DKDMs created by these two dialogs are 100% identical. It's just another way to enter the data/cert.
Margus Voll

Post by Margus Voll »

Perfect.

Thank You!
GOR4N

Post by GOR4N »

one kinda off topic question

if I send DKDM to somebody so he/she is able to make KDMs, and if DKDM is restricted to work between specific dates, is that person able to issue KDM that is supposed to work after period defined by dates in DKDM?
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

That depends on the capabilities/configuration of the remote KDM management system. That is a software only system, and it is not regulated under DCI governance as servers/projectors are.

- Carsten