Invalid CPL signature on Barco

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
Carsten

Re: Invalid CPL signature on Barco

Post by Carsten »

Okay. I am at a stage now where I CAN NOT create any DCPs/KDMs that do NOT work on the Barco. Means, I can not recreate the problem that brought us here. Glad I have these screenshots that prove there WAS SOMETHING!

I need to get a sleep and will start again tomorrow. Good night...

- Carsten
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

Strange. Maybe it has to do with which version generates the certificate chains? i.e. which one is run first after clearing out prefs?
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

I have some suspicion that it could be the metadata. In 2.14.57, I can not add extra metadata. In 2.15.x and 2.16.0, I added all essential (e.g. language/country) metadata. Not sure if that suspicion makes any sense. I have remote access to the Barco again, we'll see...
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

BTW - Carl - do you remember a bug/resolve a long time ago when, upon start, DCP-o-matic suggested to recreate the signing certificates, because there was a minor bug about them in earlier versions? I only remember it because I translated that phrase then. Don't know if there is any relation to this, I just remember that at the time it was considered harmless, because strict SMPTE encrypted DCPs and signing was not an urging issue.
Just to give you something to think about.

- Carsten
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

That's this one I think. It was in the 2.12.x era... and the warning should still be there if by any chance the error recurs. I just checked the certs made by 2.16.0 and they seem OK from this point of view.
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

I have some suspicion that it could be the metadata. In 2.14.57, I can not add extra metadata. In 2.15.x and 2.16.0, I added all essential (e.g. language/country) metadata. Not sure if that suspicion makes any sense. I have remote access to the Barco again, we'll see...
I thought we got as far as "a 2.16.0 KDM cannot unlock a DCP but a 2.14.x key can unlock the same DCP"? Unless the metadata you are talking about makes it into the KDM?
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

Would it help if I made some DCPs and KDMs with different versions / combinations for testing?
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

Hi Carl,

will send you both certs, for Barco and Sony, but I am at the cinema right now as well and doing some testing myself.

- Carsten
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

Great, thanks! Let me know how you get on and if it would help for me to make some DCPs.
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

Okay, first I cleaned up both Servers and machines from all 'residues' of my previous testing. I then trashed prefs on the win machine running 2.16. Started DCP-o-matic, then even went into prefs and have it recreate both signing and encryption certs (even though that is done upon first start). Created a basic still DCP without touching ANY parameters except 'Encrypted'. Created KDMs. Both do not work on Sony and Barco, with the known issues. Pff, at least something...

Now, In 2.16, I created a DKDM towards the second machine running 2.14.57. I was able to load and play the DCP in Player 2.14.57. I started KDM creator 2.14.57, added this DKDM, and issued a KDM towards the Barco. Same error - it is first accepted by the Barco, but when trying to play, Invalid CPL signature.

Now, is there a way to find out wether it's the (D)KDM or the DCP?