KDM is invalid after generation

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
Guv'nor

KDM is invalid after generation

Post by Guv'nor »

Kindly help me resolve this issue. I made an encrypted DCP using DCP-O-Matic. I tried generating KDMs for some servers whose certificates are correct but the error I keep getting is "Failed to import because KDM is invalid". This error message is gotten from a Sony projector XCT-M10_2200643. What could be the issue with the KDM as the cpl is correct and KDM type is Modified Transitional 1 and the server certificates are all correct as well. Thank you.
Carsten

Re: KDM is invalid after generation

Post by Carsten »

We have seen this issue, and we are currently diagnosing this issue. It happens when you use a fresh install of DCP-o-matic >2.15.36 (without pre-existing prefs/certs). We used a Barco ICMP and Sony M10 for testing, and it seems the SONY is more vulnerable than the Barco.

Which version of DCP-o-matic are you using, and on which operating system?

Have you already distributed your DCPs? Would you be able to recreate them? We usually recommend to NOT use test versions for actual distribution work. Always stay with the stable releases - that is currently 2.14.57, and we haven't seen that issue with pre-2.15.x versions.

There are ways to make this work for you even with 2.15.x/2.16rc, but you need to tell us more about the versions you use.
Guv'nor

Post by Guv'nor »

Dear Carsten,

The version I am using is open source 2.14.57 git cee7cd1b4e and the operating system is Windows 10. I have distributed the DCPs already and I don't have the source file to recreate another. It was an Open DCP I used to create the encrypted one I distributed. The file was quite large that I had to delete after I was done creating the encrypted one.
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

I guess you'd better give us as much detail as you can about what you've done so far.
Guv'nor

Post by Guv'nor »

Dear Carl,

I first requested the projectionists re-generate their server certificates for me, and I made KDMs with them. Still the same error. Also, I kept generating different KDMs with all KDM types (Modified Transitional 1, Multiple Modified Transitional 1, Modified Transitional 1 (without AuthorisedDeviceInfo), they still encountered the same error.

That is about all I have done so far. Is there any other thing I can do at this juncture?
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

But you made the DCP in OpenDCP?
Guv'nor

Post by Guv'nor »

Yes, I made it from an open DCP.
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

And you encrypted it there too? How did you get the key over to DCP-o-matic?
Guv'nor

Post by Guv'nor »

Sorry Carl, I made the DCP in DCP-O-Matic but from an unencrypted DCP. I generated the KDMs from the same DCP-O-Matic.
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

Maybe you can send me the certificate of the projector, the KDM you made and the CPL of your DCP to carl@dcpomatic.com and I'll see if I can spot a reason.