Command Line help

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
pasaico

Command Line help

Post by pasaico »

Hello everyone, I installed version 2.16 on WSL (Windows SUBSYTEM LINUX) ubuntu 18.04.
I can make DCP from MOV PRORES files my questions are;

- can you make DCP with AUDIO and VIDEO separate files?
- where do I find more commands for the CLI (in the WINDOWS 10 GUI there are more), is there a way to see the commands I set in the GUI in a windows 10 console?
- where do I find the template.xml file in Ubuntu? in have read the FAQ, there is not file in /home/.config/dcpomatic2/2.16/ there is only config.xml
carl
Site Admin

Re: Command Line help

Post by carl »

From the command line?

Code: Select all

dcpomatic2_create.exe -o my_film video_file.mkv sound_file.wav
should work.
- where do I find more commands for the CLI (in the WINDOWS 10 GUI there are more), is there a way to see the commands I set in the GUI in a windows 10 console?
There are many things that you can do in the GUI that you can't do in the CLI, and there's not really a way to look at settings in a project from the CLI. What do you need to do?

As a workaround you can look at the metadata.xml file - it's quite human-readable.
where do I find the template.xml file in Ubuntu? in have read the FAQ, there is not file in /home/.config/dcpomatic2/2.16/ there is only config.xml
Templates are stored in a `template` directory inside dcpomatic2/2.16 but only when you make them (from the GUI).
pasaico

Post by pasaico »

carl wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 10:46 am
From the command line?

dcpomatic2_create.exe -o my_film video_file.mkv sound_file.wav
should work.
I don't know, but it doesn't work,
i run command and create only folder my_film with log, metadata.xml and ffprobe.log
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

What do you expect to see? That's your project. If you want a DCP you then need to run

dcpomatic2_cli my_film
pasaico

Post by pasaico »

carl wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:57 pm What do you expect to see? That's your project. If you want a DCP you then need to run

dcpomatic2_cli my_film
Sorry, I don't know but my first DCP was done directly with the "create" command... maybe I can be wrong.... Now I've created my own test DCP...
Thank you....

other question;

- how can I give a custom name example: NAME_ADV_F_51_IT_FOO_FOO2 ? now it's NAME_TST-1_F-178_XX-XX_51_2K_20220217_SMPTE_OV

- I have mod the config.xml with <DefaultDCPContentType>ADV</DefaultDCPContentType> but output category name is TST
what i change the size dcp 1920x1080 instead of 1998x1080?

- I have mod the config.xml with <DefaultInterop>1</DefaultInterop> but outputis SMPTE
what i change to INTEROP insteadof SMPTE ?
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

Sorry, I don't know but my first DCP was done directly with the "create" command... maybe I can be wrong.... Now I've created my own test DCP...
Thank you....

8-)
how can I give a custom name example: NAME_ADV_F_51_IT_FOO_FOO2 ? now it's NAME_TST-1_F-178_XX-XX_51_2K_20220217_SMPTE_OV

dcpomatic2_create --no-use-isdcf-name -n The_Name_I_Want
- I have mod the config.xml with <DefaultDCPContentType>ADV</DefaultDCPContentType> but output category name is TST
That looks like a bug - you could do

dcpomatic2_create -c ADV
as a workaround.
what i change the size dcp 1920x1080 instead of 1998x1080?
Why do you want to do that? DCPs should not use 1920x1080 containers - if your content is that size, the best idea is to make a 1998x1080 DCP with some black bars at the sides (DCP-o-matic will do that for you).
- I have mod the config.xml with <DefaultInterop>1</DefaultInterop> but outputis SMPTE
That setting isn't respected either, another possible bug; you could do

dcpomatic2_create --standard interop
instead.
pasaico

Post by pasaico »

carl wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 2:54 pm

dcpomatic2_create --no-use-isdcf-name -n The_Name_I_Want

dcpomatic2_create -c ADV

dcpomatic2_create --standard interop
Ok, all your suggestions allowed me to do what I wanted. Thank you....

but analyzing the DCP with the CINEINSPECT of DOLBY I see 1 warning;

LabelText Element
Result: Warning
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

I can't find anything in the standard which requires that LabelText to be present, but I'll make a note to fix that to avoid the warning.
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

@pasaico: I suggest you first use the GUI to play with settings and prefs, so you can understand it's implications better.
pasaico

Post by pasaico »

carl wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 4:12 pm I can't find anything in the standard which requires that LabelText to be present, but I'll make a note to fix that to avoid the warning.
ISDCF Composition METADATA GUIDELINES;

2.2 ContentVersion
The value of the LabelText element shall consist of free-form text, optionally ending with the string
"[Version" 1*DIGIT "]", with the digits corresponding to the version number of the
Composition Playlist.
Interop-only. The ContentVersion element and the LabelText element contained within shall be present.
The Id element within the ContentVersion element may be omitted.