Does anyone has an IMAX Laser 1.43:1 trailer that can share to see something

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
GT73

Does anyone has an IMAX Laser 1.43:1 trailer that can share to see something

Post by GT73 »

Need an IMAX 1.43:1 trailer to discover something about how it works.
Carsten

Re: Does anyone has an IMAX Laser 1.43:1 trailer that can share to see something

Post by Carsten »

I guess this should cover your question:

viewtopic.php?p=7102#p7102

The trouble is - you are not able to use any special IMAX laser features (dual projector, 12ch audio), without the DCP going through IMAX own (expensive) mastering. You can play plain vanilla flat/HD/scope DCPs through a single IMAX projector, but that's it for the D.I.Y approach. DCPs enabling IMAX special features need to be signed with a special IMAX certificate that you can't spoof.
GT73

Re: Does anyone has an IMAX Laser 1.43:1 trailer that can share to see something

Post by GT73 »

I have seen that. What i want is an IMAX 1.43:1 DCP file to download. To decipher if it can be replicated. Is an actual trailer DCP file i want. Someone shared here an IMAX DCP file but it was 2.39:1 i have access to those. I want a 1.43:1 one. I've been serching a lot.
Last edited by GT73 on Sun Mar 20, 2022 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GT73

Post by GT73 »

Carsten I know but there is actually a way to spoof it. I need a 1.43:1 IMAX trailer to have the process complete. Recent could be Lightyear or Eternals, etc. Carsten do you have an 1.43:1 IMAX DCP? You can share.
Last edited by GT73 on Mon Mar 21, 2022 1:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

What makes you think you can spoof a certificate? From what I know about the IMAX Laser anamorphic, it is very unlikely that they have common trailers in 1.43 AR.
They certainly have a few IMAX brand logo snipes etc., but I have no ways to access one. You probably need to find an actual IMAX laser projectionist.

I do see the occasional IMAX laser trailer for mainstream movies on our trailer download portal, but they are all plain flat or scope, as far as I can see. 1:43 AR DCPs will probably only be distributed by IMAX themselves through their company network.
GT73

Post by GT73 »

Im talking there is a way for both projectors to work, there simply Is. And I have been working with it on IMAX 2.39:1 and 1.90:1. Flat (In IMAX Flat means 1.90:1) and Scope DCPs are the only kinds IMAX makes. And all IMAX trailers are distributed by IMAX. But Trailers are promotional Material. All the IMAX trailers you see shared are by projectionist themselfs, heck there is an Explicit NAS with the name of the chain that people access and has IMAX DCPs, but as their IMAXs are 1.90:1, IMAX only sends them 1.90:1 trailers. I was talking with someone that has access to an 1.43:1 IMAX, a projectionist. He could easily share a single 1.43:1 Trailer, but says he can't. I think he is exagerating the risk (none existent since trailers are promotional material, and as i told you about the NAS you can come to conclussions, if IMAX dont bother with that with him that is annonymous... You get it). I just need a 1.43:1 trailer to decipher and that is it and will share the findings with you about all three. Just have 2.39:1 and 1.90:1, need 1.43:1. Please.
IMAXRestorationist

Post by IMAXRestorationist »

Hello,

Were you ever able to find a 1.43:1 IMAX Trailer DCP?

Thanks