Markers FFOC and LFOC

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
pasaico

Markers FFOC and LFOC

Post by pasaico »

Is possible remove this marker when i use only cli interface?
I have problema with some cinema server.
gunnar

Re: Markers FFOC and LFOC

Post by gunnar »

Is some server failing because of the SMPTE markers? What type of server?
I doubt that the markers are the reason for a failing server.
pasaico

Post by pasaico »

gunnar wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 12:17 am Is some server failing because of the SMPTE markers? What type of server?
I doubt that the markers are the reason for a failing server.
Sony R320 with server LMT300
SONY R320S with IMB SHWOVAULT

I use the CLI and make dcp in interop and maybe the problem is just the dcp interop with these markers ... how can I remove markers using the cli? i have to use interop and maybe the cli automatically puts the markers.
gunnar

Post by gunnar »

pasaico wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 3:02 pm Sony R320 with server LMT300
SONY R320S with IMB SHWOVAULT

I use the CLI and make dcp in interop and maybe the problem is just the dcp interop with these markers ... how can I remove markers using the cli? i have to use interop and maybe the cli automatically puts the markers.
Those markers are a SMPTE thing and not supported with Interop DCPs.
Maybe that is a bug that DoM are taking those markers into a interop DCPs and that is causing those servers to fail?
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

Are you sure? MainMarkers is discussed in the "MPEG Interoperability Initiative: Composition Playlist Specification" as far as I can see.

Though it does seem unlikely that anybody is looking at these markers with Interop.
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

The R320S with ShowVault uses a Doremi server und should act exactly like any Doremi.

Yes, Makers did exist in Interop already, but I never heard of anybody using it. Are you sure the Sony/LMT300 is on the latest software?
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

Maybe we shouldn't write markers to Interop DCPs if nobody is going to use them, and they can only cause problems...

It might be interesting to try 2.16.8 as it has a fix to Markers for some illegal tags (according to SMPTE) - perhaps they cause problems on Interop too.
gunnar

Post by gunnar »

carl wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:18 pm
Are you sure?
When I think about it then I am actually not that sure. But I never heard anything about those markers regarding interop.
When those markers became a thing then everybody talked about "SMPTE markers"

But if it is supported in interop then it should not crash any servers. After all this is nothing else than just information and it should not be able to crash anything.
pasaico

Post by pasaico »

They are two very distant cinemas and they told me to have the same problem. If I make the DCP with the GUI, in interop, there are not markers and everything works correctly .... the cinemas ensure that their server is updated to the latest version
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

If I make the DCP with the GUI, in interop, there are not markers and everything works correctly
Are you talking about the 2.16.5 GUI here?

Is it possible to test 2.16.8 and see if that's better?