Barco Projector not showing subtitle VF packages

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
mohmad0ali92

Barco Projector not showing subtitle VF packages

Post by mohmad0ali92 »

Hello, DCP-o-Matic community.
I'm a Film Student and, I have learned a lot from this form. I'm thankful to all of you.

--First: I have made My Project DCP as OV and then made 3 VF packages for different languages Subtitles
I ingested The OV and the 3 VF to our film institute projector "Barco projector DP4K-23B & Qube Server"
ALL The VF played normally but didn't show the subtitles. (use as an open subtitle is checked for each VF)

--Second: I ingested a DCP with an open subtitle "Single Language" also couldn't see the subtitle but the image playing normally.

--Third: I have made multi-CPL DCP using some other tool with 3 subtitles which didn't show on the projector in the theater.

The common thing is that in the DoM player and in the Dolby-Cineassest player I'm seeing the subtitles of all the DCP I have made and everything is working but after ingesting subtitles do not show in the theater.

Shall I hit "Burn subtitle" while making the VF Packages? Or is it something I have to press while ingesting in the Barco system?

Carl and Carsten plz help
Carsten

Re: Barco Projector not showing subtitle VF packages

Post by Carsten »

The Qube/Barco may have issues with your subtitles. Did you check wether other subtitled features play on this server/projector combo? There is also a large difference between Interop and SMPTE subtitles. You may want to create a short test DCP (OV including timed text subtitles) in SMPTE, followed by the same project in Interop and see wether that makes a difference.

- Carsten
mohmad0ali92

Post by mohmad0ali92 »

The DCPs I made are SMPTE, even with a single subtitle it didn't show up but the server is showing in the metadata while ingesting there's the subtitle

Here's a photo
https://serving.photos.photobox.com/031 ... 4901ca.jpg

I Will make an Interop Package and try it tomorrow. and update here on what happens with me.
I will make an SMPTE with a close caption, and try it.

I don't have any other material on the server cuz people here mainly burning subtitles on the Image, it will be amazing if you can send me a small DCP to test it tomorrow.

Thank you, Carsten
Last edited by mohmad0ali92 on Tue May 24, 2022 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IoannisSyrogiannis

Post by IoannisSyrogiannis »

Since Dolby CineAsset Player is playing the DCP with subtitles and everyone is burning the subtitles in, if I was you, and since I can't demux the subtitles' files, to check the fonts, I would investigate the matter on the projector and server.
How recent are the software versions of them and whether the cinecanvas is (de-)activated.

I am not familiar with Qube and I don't know if there is a setting to render the subtitles locally, instead having the projector do the dirty work.

While it doesn't make sense to have three different OVs for three different subtitles, having them burned-in may be the way to go with this particular Server/Projector system.