ERROR: Could not read file from...

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
JianZ

ERROR: Could not read file from...

Post by JianZ »

Hello everyone! Hope anyone can help me with this:

I'm trying to make a DCP, but just before it finished encoding (after encoding for 1 hour), it stopped. I have attached a screenshot of the error saying: "Could not read from file E:/

PC Specs:
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080
64 GB RAM
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700KF CPU @ 3.80GHz 3.79 GHz

The files I use for the DCP are located on my Samsung PSSD T7 disk and I also set the export location to the disk. Could this be the problem causing it?

The files I use for DCP are:
ProRes422HQ (130 GB, exported from a Mac Studio)
6 WAV-files (5 GB)
Attachments
Screenshot
Screenshot
Capture.PNG (122.79 KiB) Viewed 913 times
Carsten

Re: ERROR: Could not read file from...

Post by Carsten »

We often see this type of error with externally connected media. You could unplug the device, replug, and just try again. That will reuse already encoded media, and hopefully just finalise the DCP. Also make sure that this USB device always is assigned the same drive letter.
JianZ

Post by JianZ »

Carsten wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:10 am We often see this type of error with externally connected media. You could unplug the device, replug, and just try again. That will reuse already encoded media, and hopefully just finalise the DCP. Also make sure that this USB device always is assigned the same drive letter.
I thought so. Now I've moved the files and set the location to the local drive and hope it works. Still running and 75% into the encoding.
Last edited by JianZ on Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

Indeed, this is an ongoing problem ... I have it on my list to try harder to provoke this bug locally so I can try to fix it.
IoannisSyrogiannis

Post by IoannisSyrogiannis »

What I would do in such an occasion, would be shorten paths and filenames the most I could and avoid all spaces and special characters (I see a pound/number sign) that could bring feeding intolerance to a windows PC (or other). Local drives are obviously good, but not always an option nor necessarily a solution.
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

Maybe the number sign in the source media is not a problem during encoding, but after encoding when the final asset name is created and the source name is to be used within the MXF file name or in metadata. So, it would not necessarily be an issue with an external/USB media interface.

- Carsten