"Master DKDM"

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
benprice015

"Master DKDM"

Post by benprice015 »

Hi all,

I've been asked to create a "Master DKDM" for a DCP we're delivering this month. However, as far as I'm aware I need a server certificate of some kind to generate the DKDM / KDM from. In absence of this (the distributor don't have one) I think the best port of call is to use generic certificates for the most common systems, does anyone know where I may be able to find these? Or even better if they already have some downloaded and would be happy to send them across?

Thank you so much!
(Hope it's not too hot wherever you are!)

Ben
Carsten

Re: "Master DKDM"

Post by Carsten »

Hmm, there is no such thing as a generic certificate. I can only assume that, without being able to deliver his own certificate, the distributor wants 'some kind of control', but doesn't have a clue how. What you could do is, either create a Self-KDM for your own installation of DCP-o-matic, or, create a set of new prefs/certs, and deliver a DKDM for this installation/cert, and send the certs and private key (or full DCP-o-matic prefs) together with the DKDM. That way, the distributor is able to create KDMs on his own using this data once he understands the process. All he needs then is an installation of DCP-o-matic KDM creator on any supported system, and maybe the player.

If the DCP is created with encryption, someone definitely needs to be able to create KDMs for it.
igit

Re: "Master DKDM"

Post by igit »

DKDM=KDM
there is no difference between them - only the name, DKDM is the name of the key made to the mastering station for subsequent work with DCP - for example: to generate KDM for cinemas or to create an additional VF package, etc.