Content Outline Error?

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
am14k

Content Outline Error?

Post by am14k »

Hi, I'm still a beginner when it comes to DCP creation, but at the moment am tasked with rendering many files for a film fest we are hosting. I previously had DCP-o-Matic (not 2) installed on the Mac and my teammates and I could navigate it well, but I wanted to take advantage of the Batch Converter and had to get the new version for that.
Now the interface has changed a bit and I've run into a problem with outlining content.

When I click it, I get this:

https://postimg.cc/CRWfY1mS
I have no idea if this is a bug, something to do with the file settings, if I need to change the ratio, anything like that. In the past we just checked it and the red outline was centered.

Any help? I don't want to run a ton of files only to find they are each cut off at the bottom.
Thank you!
Carsten

Re: Content Outline Error?

Post by Carsten »

I remember something similar with the first versions that had GPU hardware acceleration/OpenGL enabled. Try disabling that in prefs and check wether it makes a difference (Settings->Advanced->Video display mode->Simple (safer).

I assume you are using 2.16.18 or 2.16.19?

You may try installing the previous latest stable version, 2.14.59 from here:

https://dcpomatic.com/old-downloads

That is a tiny bit closer to what you used to have (although, just a VERY tiny bit if you actually come from a version 1.x...)

BTW - on a Mac, it is very easy to have both versions installed at the same time - just create separate folders for the apps, like DCP-o-matic_2_14_59, and put them into it. 2.14.x and 2.16.x will manage their own separate prefs, though.

Sooner or later you should migrate to 2.16.x due to some improved features, but, for the time being...

BTW - for now, in 2.16.x., you should always choose activate 'Scale' -> 'to fit DCP'
am14k

Re: Content Outline Error?

Post by am14k »

Downloading the 2.14. worked great for now, until we can get used to some of the new options. Thank you!