SRT Timing does not work

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
marcelmax

SRT Timing does not work

Post by marcelmax »

Looks like in 2.16.22 setting the Start Position in DCP for srt does not any influence.

Sometimes I add 3 sec of black at the beginning of the DCP with a black jpeg. Then I have to set the start of the subtitles and the video/audio to 3 sec later. It looks fine in the preview of dom but in dom player the 3 sec shift of the subtitles did not happen. Subtitles are out of sync.
carl
Site Admin

Re: SRT Timing does not work

Post by carl »

Hi, it seems to work for me. Could you send/attach your metadata.xml from the project?

carl@dcpomatic.com
marcelmax

Post by marcelmax »

I've solved it by editing the srt. Attached you find a duplicate with srt shifted 3 sec
Attachments
metadata.xml
(10.69 KiB) Downloaded 78 times
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

No problem to do it that way, but: Did you notice that you can also shift your SRT file graphically with the mouse in timeline view? What does happen with the start position of that file under 'Timing' if you do it that way? When I move the SRT segment with the mouse, the 'Position' number changes realtime with it. And when I create the DCP, my player shows it correctly from the offset position.

Bildschirmfoto 2022-09-15 um 23.21.35.png
Bildschirmfoto 2022-09-15 um 23.21.35.png (136.78 KiB) Viewed 903 times
marcelmax

Post by marcelmax »

To be honest, I am confused. I could confirm that the 3 sec shift of the srt does not work.
In the time line the jpg does not appear as you can see.

This is something that worked in versions before - I think about 8 months before. In preview everything looks great but checking with DOM Player ST are out of sync. A bit annoying.

I did create a ProRes file with DOM with the same settings. In that file the ST are in sync. Seems like the error appears on the DCP only. Or perhaps it's a Player error?
Attachments
Bildschirmfoto 2022-09-20 um 11.14.12.png
Bildschirmfoto 2022-09-20 um 11.14.12.png (954.76 KiB) Viewed 876 times
marcelmax

Post by marcelmax »

Finally: Looks like it's the Batch Converter!

Here's the link to 2 short DCPs. One is made with Batch Converter (as I alway do) and the other one is made by "DCP erstellen" in DOM. Same content, same settings. The ST timing is different in DOM Player.

https://ln5.sync.com/dl/d03651cd0/ggn25 ... r-cm3a886y
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

Hmm. Please recreate the situation in that screen shot - timeline view with three tracks für Video, subtitles, and audio. What happens when you grab the green subtitle segment and drag it to the right with the mouse?
marcelmax

Post by marcelmax »

Please check the DCPs I sent. I am quite sure, that there's something happening when I use Batch Converter.
This pic belongs to the DCPs I sent. I can move it all and - as I wrote before - in DOM it looks fine.
Attachments
Bildschirmfoto 2022-09-21 um 15.20.18.png
Bildschirmfoto 2022-09-21 um 15.20.18.png (801.55 KiB) Viewed 841 times
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

I still can't reproduce this problem, unfortunately.

Can you give us the exact sequence of steps you took to get the example DCPs you sent?
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

Maybe there is something with the way the project is saved before sending it to the batch converter? Maybe the batch converter receives the version that was saved BEFORE the subtile has been shifted? Just guessing. I don't think I have the time to test this myself where I am currently. But, if it only happens with the batch converter, then at least you have a workaround until we can reproduce the issue.

- Carsten