Allow special Characters in ISDCF name?

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
chrisclarke

Allow special Characters in ISDCF name?

Post by chrisclarke »

Hello,

Would it be a problem to allow special characters such as a hyphen (-) to the automatically generated DCP name?

I have 50+ slides to create for an event and am using the command line tool to batch create these. The hyphen I'm using to separate the asset number and name (eg. 001-Opening) is aways removed in the final Title Text for the DCP (becoming 001Opening-PSA-1_F....) making it less readable on the server.

However I've noticed if I go manually in to the DCP project and click Use ISDCF it doesn't remove the hyphen.

Chris
carl
Site Admin

Re: Allow special Characters in ISDCF name?

Post by carl »

Always allowing hyphens is a little awkward as currently they are assumed to separate words.

You could use --no-use-isdcf-name on the dcpomatic2_create command line to get the name you want. Or do you want all the other parts of the name to be auto-generated?
chrisclarke

Post by chrisclarke »

Thanks Carl,

Fair enough. Same for all special characters or could > for example work instead? I'm putting in both Flat and Scope slides so it's very useful having the ratio autogenerated.

Having said that for the files I currently have all end with the ratio name so for the job I'm currently doing it might be easiest to find and replace the word "Flat" with the rest of the naming convention (PSA-1_F_XX-XX_MOS_2K_20221001_SMPTE_OV) on all these images to get what I want to work without to opening DCP-o-Matic GUI. Then the same idea for the Scope ones and use --no-use-isdcf-name as suggested.

I'll do a separate post and share my Automator Quick Action I'm using to try and make the job of creating DCP holding slides a bit less tedious.

Chris
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

Makes sense. In that case, why don't we add some flag like --no-sanitise-name or something which disables the automatic name adjustment and lets you use whatever you want.