DCP to DCP without changes

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
MartinL

Re: DCP to DCP without changes

Post by MartinL »

Sorry for the late reply on this topic.

It actually took till today until I got another 3D DCP where I was interested in a conversion to 2D.
I also installed the latest version and tried it again and suddenly it works as intended.
So maybe it was some bug back then?

It is working now but while I'm already replying to this topic, and noticing that it even features an active discussion
till today, is there a way to select which eye I want to export?
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

It is working now but while I'm already replying to this topic, and noticing that it even features an active discussion
till today, is there a way to select which eye I want to export?
Not at the moment, but I made a note to add an option. Do you want to export just one eye, or both to separate files?
MartinL

Post by MartinL »

If I can select them I can just export them twice but yes, the plan would be to be able to get both files separated to left and right eye.
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

Yes, i expecting to re-use exactly the same MXF.
I think this would be covered by a very long-standing wish that has not yet been implemented.
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

If I can select them I can just export them twice but yes, the plan would be to be able to get both files separated to left and right eye.
I think this is already possible. If you import a 3D DCP into a project, and make sure "3D" is ticked in the DCP Video tab, you should get two exported files (one called something_L.mp4 and one something_R.mp4).
MartinL

Post by MartinL »

That would give me .mp4 though. I'd like to make two new DCPs, one for the left and one for the right eye.

I tried to tick the 3D box, so I can select which eye and in the preview window I can see the difference between both eyes already. If I select the right one though and change the DCP to 2D for export it will only export the left eye though.
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

Ah sorry, I completely misunderstood what you were trying to do. I made a note in the tracker for that..