Namespace issue

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
lwpost

Namespace issue

Post by lwpost »

Hi,

I created an SMPTE DCP (encrypted) and when the post house I sent it to received it and put it through qc, the we received the following two errors. Do you know what's going on? Thanks! :

There is an MXF that is labelled as CCAPs. They are over the caption size limit of 256 (probably because this is a long play DCP) so they are failing our internal validation checks: The timetext xml in file 'd457f336572c4f169b1da94e15c522ae' is over 256KB and being used as a ClosedCaption asset in the dcp.

This DCP is also failing for an additional issue: Error - file=da05ba97-b21e-41cc-a157-63c9cf45e40c; XML root contains more than one namespace
carl
Site Admin

Re: Namespace issue

Post by carl »

Hi,

Perhaps you could send just the XML files from your DCP to carl@dcpomatic.com so I can take a look. Which version of DCP-o-matic did you use?

You can fix the caption size limit by setting your project to use reels. The verifier in the DCP-o-matic player should also spot over-sized caption files. Maybe the encoder should also warn about it somehow.

The namespace error is more mysterious - there was a bug which caused it but it was a long time ago now, so maybe it has recurred.