KDM question

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
cherie_rivers

KDM question

Post by cherie_rivers »

I'm having difficulties finding the button for new topics. So I'm going to ask here. I have received a DCP package for a film on a drive but the film is encrypted. If I put the encrypted DCP on a CRU using DCP-o-matic do I need a KDM for the projector server or for DCP-o-matic?
carl
Site Admin

Re: KDM question

Post by carl »

here.png
here.png (59.48 KiB) Viewed 834 times
is the "new topic" button.
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

If you just want to copy the DCP (without watching it) you don't need a KDM at all - DCP-o-matic does not need to decrypt it to copy it.

If you want to watch/edit the DCP you need a KDM for DCP-o-matic.
cherie_rivers

Post by cherie_rivers »

Thanks. I will try that.
I’m not sure why new topic is not showing up for me.
cherie_rivers

Post by cherie_rivers »

When I try to copy the files it says "Could not make DCP Some of your content needs a KDM.
Last edited by cherie_rivers on Wed Feb 15, 2023 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

Do you just want to copy the DCP onto another drive? If so, you should use the DCP-o-matic disk writer.
cherie_rivers

Post by cherie_rivers »

Figured out how to add the KDM by clicking on the kdm file. Unfortunately I received the KDM for the server and not DCP-o-matic even though I exported the certificate. They said it did not have the correct information to get me a KDM.
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

Can you perhaps tell us in more detail what you are trying to achieve?
cherie_rivers

Post by cherie_rivers »

I was over thinking it and discovered I could transfer some files without running them through DCPomatic. But now a new question. First I don’t see a button to create a new topic. Just a post reply button. But my real question is why would the video image stop but the audio file continue on my dcps? I’m putting together a shorts festival and several of the shorts are doing this. Is it a video file error? I keep asking for new files but don’t know why some are doing this.
Thanks again for your assistance.
Cherie Rivers
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

If you can send me (carl@dcpomatic.com) or attach the metadata.xml and log files from the project where you are seeing this, that might give some clues.