Process gets stuck

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
jillmobley

Re: Process gets stuck

Post by jillmobley »

Carsten,
This is very good advice. I have been using a little thumb-type drive. I will upgrade today. I would really enjoy something dependible adn fast! I don't know why it never occured to me to do this. I kept thinking there was some way to create the dcp on a computer adjacent to the projector, then transfer over to the projector server. I have not figured out how to do this!
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

I do it that way - while it's a slow computer we don't use for fancy things, it is fast enough to compile a few DCP slides within a few minutes. It is connected to our DCI server, so we transfer DCPs over the network to the server. Takes a bit to set it up properly, but then it's a lot easier and faster than switching drives back and forth.
These, however, are very simple standard slides that do not take much time to prepare.

Sometimes it is easier to do the design work at the office or at home. Then I would probably use a small, lightweight USB 3.0 SSD. They are not much larger than a big pendrive nowadays, but much larger, faster, and more dependable. I have seen so many pendrives fail with large files.

I saw your Mario Bros. ads on film-tech. Excellent idea!
jillmobley

Post by jillmobley »

On YouTube, I found a complete run through of the game. I superimposed the ad slides on that. So many kids have never seen Super Mario. It is a 38 minute video, so it made a big DCP!

Thank you for all the help!
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

Ohyes, 38min needs quite a large and robust pendrive.