Issue with Closed Caption files in folders

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
Chad Smith

Issue with Closed Caption files in folders

Post by Chad Smith »

Made a DCP with closed captions. As the file size limit seems to be 256K for each closed caption file, I needed to split the film into 3 reels. DCP-O-Matic has placed each closed caption track in a separate folder. When I use DCP transfer on a Mac to format the drive on CRU sled and copy the DCP onto it. The software does not copy the folders across. DCP Transfer tells me the drive is all good. However when I try to load the DCP into DCP Player it fails saying that it is missing an .xml file. AKA sub title track. DCP Transfer told me that the DCP file needs to be as flat as possible. So no folders. When the same DCP is downloaded from the cloud film festivals are able to play the film.

When I copy the folders and xml files to the DCP on the drive then the file loads.

Thoughts?
carl
Site Admin

Re: Issue with Closed Caption files in folders

Post by carl »

I guess you're making an Interop DCP? It sounds like a bug in DCP Transfer to me... It might be worth trying to make a SMPTE DCP, as then there will be no subfolders for the closed captions.
Chad Smith

Re: Issue with Closed Caption files in folders

Post by Chad Smith »

Hi Carl You are correct it is an Interop DCP. I will try making a SMPTE DCP. Thanks!