Ignore audio from video file

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
carl
Site Admin

Re: Ignore audio from video file

Post by carl »

Do we have a screenshot of this case where DoM only shows the first stream? All I see in the thread is matrices with 6 streams.
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

Ooops - you are right. There may be no problem at all...except that manual mapping has to be applied - which is normal for a multi-stream input.
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

I guess we could/should improve that in the case with multiple mono streams.
lcanau

Post by lcanau »

And in the properties inside DoM it doesn't mention number of channels, it says only "DCP sample rate 48000 Hz" under Audio.

The log ends with "Unsupported codec with id 0 for input stream 1". Could it be something missing in my Windows system, since the file was exported in a Mac OS environment?

As I also mention, the properties via Windows explorer only show "1 (mono)" in audio channels. But Quicktime inspector lists the six channels, which appear normally in their six individual mono track inside DaVinci Resolve and which I can map properly and export in a new Quicktime with 5.1 audio (DNxHR, in the lack of ProRes codec).
lcanau

Post by lcanau »

lcanau wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:30 am The other issue I faced with the exported DCP was that the audio was sort of garbled in the Player.
This was solved with 2.16.59, thank you.
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

That unsupported codec is the timecode track, which is present in Prores files by default. But there is no use for it in DCP-o-matic.

But Carl is right - your first screenshot in this thread shows that all 6 streams are detected and being offered for mapping. The fact that they are mono tracks in 6 streams just means that DCP-o-matic will not map them automatically to a 5.1 layout. In these cases, only the first available track of the first stream is mapped to Center. You need to remap all of them according to the layout in the ProRes file, which is probably L/R/C/LFE/LS/RS.
lcanau

Post by lcanau »

I see, so just as long as the file has the channels in the proper L R C LFE Ls Rs order (which it should have), I just need to assign 1:1 to L 2:1 to R, etc.?

DCPomatic3.png
DCPomatic3.png (6.17 KiB) Viewed 513 times
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

Yes, or whatever channel order you know from your export. Sorry, for some reason I misinterpreted your first screenshot.