Very New to DCP-O-MATIC

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
madnessisbliss

Very New to DCP-O-MATIC

Post by madnessisbliss »

Hello there!
I just started working for a non profit movie theatre. The computer in the building is extremely slow and often the DCP-O-MATIC crashes when I have tried to edit or do trailers for upcoming films.
I installed DCP-O-MATIC at home and I am able to work on trailers and sometimes movies way faster on my own computer.
Problem is I don't have all the same setting as the computer in the theatre.
Attached is a screenshot of the setting from the computer in the theatre. Its in the Scale to options in the Content section.
Is there a way I can copy over those settings from one computer to another (Mac to PC mind you)? If not, where do I set up those settings.

Probably a very silly and obvious question, but no one else here knows how all this was set up. The person who previously set it up is no longer here.

Thank you for your patience and your help!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
carl
Site Admin

Re: Very New to DCP-O-MATIC

Post by carl »

That setting was removed a while ago, because we improved the way that scaling was "automatically" set up. You should find that you just don't need it any more (hopefully). Why did you want to change it?
madnessisbliss

Post by madnessisbliss »

I wanted to change it because i was told the DCP's i provided were not fitting the screen properly. So i figured i needed those settings to have everything work properly.
I guess i dont need to change anything in the DCP section at all either.
Im still learning everything, and no one here is really fully aware of their own set up, lol.
Their computer is very old and i guess they are using the old version of DCP-O-MATIC and like i said previously, the person who set this all up is no longer working here.
I just wanna make sure i wasnt missing anything or i shouldnt be messing around with settings at all!
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

If you made a project that doesn't look right on screen you could take the metadata.xml file from inside the project folder and post it here - then we should be able to see what is wrong.
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

The problem may also be that someone at the cinema want's you to fill the entire screen with content that does not have the proper aspect ratio to fill the whole screen. The 'old' scaling options allowed you to stretch content if necessary. But stretching or squeezing is not the 'proper' way to do it. At least not for most content.

If you have a specific problem, make a screenshot and post it here, so that we can have a look and help you with it.