Error Message?

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
ashalehane

Error Message?

Post by ashalehane »

Hi guys,

Can anyone shed any light on this error message? Not one I've come across before so thought I'd just go to the source!

Error: PKL dfb74797-acd2-41f5-afd5-79d9580ba242: Signature: {"/O=dcpomatic.com/OU=dcpomatic.com/CN=CS.dcpomatic.smpte-430-2.LEAF/dnQualifier=/xFeBYQ79Apq5E27JY2db5e7zIw="=>[], "/O=dcpomatic.com/OU=dcpomatic.com/CN=.dcpomatic.smpte-430-2.INTERMEDIATE/dnQualifier=khkgVt6cNdDoF3O4HY5eoVwony0="=>[], "/O=dcpomatic.com/OU=dcpomatic.com/CN=.dcpomatic.smpte-430-2.ROOT/dnQualifier=kf5Jn8ayEtwr8iCKplp5h78"=>["dnQualifier mismatch"]}

Error: CPL 2e2957fb-ee7e-4ee3-953a-e6d1b4ed0396: Signature: {"/O=dcpomatic.com/OU=dcpomatic.com/CN=CS.dcpomatic.smpte-430-2.LEAF/dnQualifier=/xFeBYQ79Apq5E27JY2db5e7zIw="=>[], "/O=dcpomatic.com/OU=dcpomatic.com/CN=.dcpomatic.smpte-430-2.INTERMEDIATE/dnQualifier=khkgVt6cNdDoF3O4HY5eoVwony0="=>[], "/O=dcpomatic.com/OU=dcpomatic.com/CN=.dcpomatic.smpte-430-2.ROOT/dnQualifier=kf5Jn8ayEtwr8iCKplp5h78"=>["dnQualifier mismatch"]}
carl
Site Admin

Re: Error Message?

Post by carl »

Where are you seeing this message?
Jiyahana

Post by Jiyahana »

Hey @ashalehane can you tell us where you are getting this error.
macuser

Post by macuser »

Hello everybody,

I have seen a similar error at our filmfestival. The error is an extract from 'dcp_inspect' CLI. In our case I could see that the DCP was created with Dcp-omatic 2.16.71 (72d906fe6e). The DCP itself was running without any problem on the Doremi DCP-2K4 and there was no error message during the ingest process.

Hope this helps to solve the 'problem'

Kind regards
Max
ashalehane

Post by ashalehane »

Ah sorry, context would've been good! I'm collating content for a film festival and this is the output of DCP inspect programme we use - CPL errors can usually be ignored but PKL errors always tend to result in ingest/playback issues.

The most our tech team could come up with was this: 'not seen that one before, assume it's something to do with not accessing the certificates, maybe because the software the DCP was made on isn't DCI Compliant'

We've had a new DCP supplied now so all good, was just wondering if anyone had experience with this error message so we'd know how to fix if we see it in the future, so @macuser thank you thats good to know, really really appreciate it! :)
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

Until recently DCP-o-matic would sometimes create invalid dnQualifier strings in certificates. This bug has been around for a very long time (many years) but was not spotted until this month. Updating to the latest DCP-o-matic should offer to rebuild the bad certificates, and DCPs made after that should not raise this warning.

This sounds like the problem here. I don't believe these problems cause any refusal to play the DCP.
ashalehane

Post by ashalehane »

Thats great, thank you for such a quick response - if we get any more submissions that throw up this message I'll ask the filmmaker to check they're running the latest version.