Mid-side encoder

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
Miriana

Mid-side encoder

Post by Miriana »

I updated DOM to latest version and when I use mid-side encoder there is no graph showing for the centre channel so I don't know if it is working.
I then tested on a previous version from Sept 2023 and the centre channel shows in the graph. Can you tell me if mid-side encoder is working in latest version.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Carsten

Re: Mid-side encoder

Post by Carsten »

Are you sure you called the audio analysis from the 'DCP->Audio tab, not from the content/source tab in both cases?
Miriana

Post by Miriana »

Yes I am sure - I checked again and results the same using DCP - Audio tab
Miriana
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

I'll try now with 2.16.75. Can you remember the earlier version you tried where it didn't work as expected?

Audio analysis in the source tab will never show the results of the Mid-Side-Decoder, as the Decoder only works on the output and thus results only show under the DCP tab.
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

Looks as if it's just a bug in audio analysis. While in 2.16.75 the center is not displayed in the audio graph - the center signal is still there in the MXF created during encoding. So, you should be safe. As a test, after having created the DCP, just create a new project, and add the pcm MXF track from the DCP into this new project. The audio file will be shown as 4 or 6 track, and when calling audio analysis on the source file, you will see there is signal in the center.
Miriana

Post by Miriana »

Thanks Carsen
I did the test as you said and yes when I import the xml audio file into new project the graph does show the centre track even though it did not show when I was making the DCP.
The previous version that I used where it worked as expected was 2.16.65.
Hopefully this will be sorted.
Many thanks for your help
Miriana