dcpomatic2_kdm_cli Query

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
Guddu

Re: dcpomatic2_kdm_cli Query

Post by Guddu »

Another desired feature is to be able to pass multiple DKDMs for KDM generation instead of just 1
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

I think it's better to leave the time zone in the database and just offer to override it (or choose daylight saving) in the KDM creation dialog.
So (playing Devil's advocate) if I choose two cinemas with different time zones, then make KDMs for both at the same time, what happens with the "override" time zone, I wonder...?
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

Another desired feature is to be able to pass multiple DKDMs for KDM generation instead of just 1
Is this because more than one DKDM is needed to decrypt a particular DCP?
Guddu

Post by Guddu »

Carl, the use case is the same movie but multiple versions (Subtitled and Dubbed) for which KDMs need to be generated.

Or even two different movies running at the same time in the theaters for which KDMs need to be generated.
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

Carl, the use case is the same movie but multiple versions (Subtitled and Dubbed) for which KDMs need to be generated.

Or even two different movies running at the same time in the theaters for which KDMs need to be generated.
So in these cases you are making 1 KDM containing the keys for multiple versions / different movies?
Guddu

Post by Guddu »

I always thought that 1 KDM is only for 1 DKDM(CPL).

In this case, if 2 DKDMs are passed as input then a separate KDM will be generated for each.

This could then be extended for the GUI which currently does not allow selection of more than 1 DKDM at the same time.
pixelomen

Post by pixelomen »

carl wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:52 pm You can specify a .pem using -C and give a DKDM as the parameter e.g.

Code: Select all

dcpomatic2_kdm_cli -C screen.pem my_dkdm.xml
The KDM decryption certificate is taken from the DoM config. There's no way to specify that on the command line yet, but I could add it if it would be useful.
Hi there, I'm a new user and just want to express my appreciation for this amazing suite, especially the CLI tools.

Just to be clear, `-C` takes the target certificate (like for a projector) as a parameter, correct? And there's currently no way to take in a decryption DKDM for a new DCP other than through the GUI?

If so, I very much would also like this feature.

Our current workflow involves a constant stream of new DCPs, while generally only making a few KDMs for each. Unless I'm mistaken, we're currently unable to automate our workflow without this, unless maybe we edit the DoM config file directly, and that seems like a minefield.
Last edited by pixelomen on Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

Just to be clear, `-C` takes the target certificate (like for a projector) as a parameter, correct? And there's currently no way to take in a decryption DKDM for a new DCP other than through the GUI?
Right, `-C` takes the target certificate. You can pass DKDMs to `dcpomatic2_kdm_cli` - so for example

dcpomatic2_kdm_cli [...] -C zoo_palast_screen1.pem my_great_film.kdm
would make a KDM for a projector whose certificate is `zoo_palast_screen1.pem` from a DKDM `my_great_film.kdm`. Is that what you need?
pixelomen

Post by pixelomen »

carl wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:36 pm
Right, `-C` takes the target certificate. You can pass DKDMs to `dcpomatic2_kdm_cli` - so for example

dcpomatic2_kdm_cli [...] -C zoo_palast_screen1.pem my_great_film.kdm
would make a KDM for a projector whose certificate is `zoo_palast_screen1.pem` from a DKDM `my_great_film.kdm`. Is that what you need?
Hi Carl, thanks for the reply.

I see, I was under the impression it already had to be "ingested" and part of the internal "list of CPLs". My mistake, that's fantastic then. Although also being able to add DKDMs to the internal list, through the CLI, would also be the most ideal scenario for us I think.
Guddu

Post by Guddu »

Guddu wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:12 pm Dear Carl, yes, that's what I meant. If path to the DKDM decryption certificate could also be passed from the command line itself.

I am trying to achieve certain level of automation in my KDM generation process for the cinemas and this feature might come in rather handy for me. Looking forward to testing it sometime.
Good day Carl. Just wondering if this feature is planned and could make it to the next version anytime soon.