Outline content not fitting the frame

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
Bach

Outline content not fitting the frame

Post by Bach »

Hello,
I am new to this software, I am having an issue every time I turn on the outline content box the red lines do not fit the frame. It's hard to explain, I attached a screenshot.
Please tell me if I should care about the red line or if I can disregard it. because no matter how I scale the video it's always not reaching the bottom line.

Thank you
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
carl
Site Admin

Re: Outline content not fitting the frame

Post by carl »

Hi, looks like a bug - you can ignore it. I'll try it here. Which version of DCP-o-matic is that?
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

I added it to the tracker.
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

Maybe OpenGL rendering is active in advanced prefs?
Bach

Post by Bach »

I updated to the latest approved version, still the same issue.
Open GL, never heard of that, i ll check if i can find it. any more specific info?
On another topic, is it okay to make a 2k dcp from a 4k or UHD video? Or you recommend to make it from a 2k video instead?
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

If you never heard of it, you probably also never set it to on. But, check advanced prefs in DCP-o-matic and check display mode to be 'Simple (safer)'. It only deals with previewing video, it has no impact on the DCP created.

It's completely okay to create a 2k DCP from a 4k Master. Normally, when inserting 4k content, DCP-o-matic defaults to setting the DCP to 4k, but you can safely override it to 2k. However, there is usually no reason NOT to create 4k DCP. It will play on all existing cinema projection systems, as 2k-only systems will automatically play 4k DCPs as 2k. Maybe some exception if higher frame rates come into play. But that's a risk on it's own.
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

Hmm, works for me in 2.16.75. Maybe there is something special with your source, it seems to be a 4:4:4:4 codec, they sometimes cause strange issues.

Works for me also no matter wether I set it to 2k vs. 4k.

What's your display resolution?

You are obviously working on a Mac - is this an M1/M2/M3 machine? There may be some graphics issues with these, I believe.
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

I think this is just a bug with high-DPI screens. I've merged a fix and I'll make a new release shortly.
Bach

Post by Bach »

yes I do have an m1, I did try a few exports and yes you are right it doesn't affect anything.
Thank you
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

This should hopefully be better in the new version.