Can`t get DCPs to work with IMS1000

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
Carsten

Re: Can`t get DCPs to work with IMS1000

Post by Carsten »

Are you sure you only put the files on the USB drive that you showed in your screen shot?

Which country is this projector living in?

Can you upload the metadata.xml of your project here so we can have a look?

Which operating system do you use? Your screenshot suggests Windows.

For now, I would first try to create Interop DCPs, maybe that Doremi IMS is running very old software.
dacioalexandrino

Post by dacioalexandrino »

All tests (with multiple DCPs outputs) where delivered to the projector without any additional files.

Projector in Brazil.

Runnning windows here indeed.

My next test will be to abandon the 2k Scope resolution and start testing 2k Flat - it shouldn't matter (to the point of not recognizing the file) but who knows, maybe some configuration on the projector is preventing Scope res to work?

This is the last DCP (the first with 2k flat res - all other settings are identical to previously created DCPs.

Link:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/16cVt3O ... sp=sharing
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

As Carsten says I would try Interop instead of SMPTE.
dacioalexandrino

Post by dacioalexandrino »

I did tried interop a couple of times on early tests, no luck.

The good news is: we found out that the projector isn't ingesting Scope DCPs for some reason.
I made a DCI Flat DCP of the same film and it worked.

Thanks for all the support. It was really cool of you all to take some time and help me figure this out.
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

That's really weird. Can you try to find the software version running on that projector/IMS?

Do you always ingest directly on the IMS e.g. through USB, or are they using a TMS/central ingest system? Because these systems may be able to impose all sorts of restrictions that are not strictly set by DCI rules, whereas the IMS itself only checks for strict DCI compliance. And Scope vs. Flat can never be a reason for rejection by a DCI server/IMS.