DKDM Archive

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
desimaxi

DKDM Archive

Post by desimaxi »

Hi,
Before the latest update of DOM , if you made one DKDM you could choose to save the file to create the kdm on another device. Now I can´t find where you keep that DKDM to send it to another computer, you can help me?

thx
carl
Site Admin

Re: DKDM Archive

Post by carl »

When you did this before were you using the same configuration files on both machines? I'm not sure how it could have worked otherwise.
desimaxi

Post by desimaxi »

We have 3 devices 1 mac and 2 pc´s synchronized. Before we shared a file created, now we don´t know where save this file "dkdm"...
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

They are stored in the config.xml in recent versions: if you sync that, the DKDMs should appear for selection in the KDM creator... what do you want to do with them?
desimaxi

Post by desimaxi »

Please Carl, I don´t get it ... I don´t know I do wrong.... :? :?
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

The DKDMs you want are in c:\Users\your_user\AppData\Local\dcpomatic2\config.xml.

Are you using them in some other program?
rtX

Post by rtX »

Hi, Carl,

Just to be clear, previously when generating a DKDM for DCP-O-Matic KDM tool, it created an XML file that we could store where we wanted and move from one machine to another. With the latest version, that ability to save the DKDM somewhere 'bespoke' has gone and it's not possible to locate where the DKDM XML file has gone although I think you are saying the information for the DKDM has been put into the config.xml file (where you used to store the cinema server certificate information, in effect). Is that correct? There is something in the config.xml file which looks like it may be the DKDM information.

If so, I have a feature request, and that is that the location of the new cinemas.xml file and the a new dkdm (xml) file/s (either separate or lumped together) be specifiable. Like the OP I like having the ability to generate KDMs from a number of machines using the same config.xml file on each machine. At present I move the config.xml file around, but it would be more elegant if I was able to synchronise these particular files between machines using synchronisation software. Because the data is stored on the C: drive in Windows the remote machines do not like this area being written to. If they were in a shared separate specified data folder, it would be simpler to backup and synchronise DKDMs and server certificates.

Many thanks,
Richard
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

Just to be clear, previously when generating a DKDM for DCP-O-Matic KDM tool, it created an XML file that we could store where we wanted and move from one machine to another. With the latest version, that ability to save the DKDM somewhere 'bespoke' has gone and it's not possible to locate where the DKDM XML file has gone although I think you are saying the information for the DKDM has been put into the config.xml file (where you used to store the cinema server certificate information, in effect). Is that correct? There is something in the config.xml file which looks like it may be the DKDM information.
That's correct. It would be no problem to put the export-to-file back in, though...
If so, I have a feature request, and that is that the location of the new cinemas.xml file and the a new dkdm (xml) file/s (either separate or lumped together) be specifiable. Like the OP I like having the ability to generate KDMs from a number of machines using the same config.xml file on each machine. At present I move the config.xml file around, but it would be more elegant if I was able to synchronise these particular files between machines using synchronisation software. Because the data is stored on the C: drive in Windows the remote machines do not like this area being written to. If they were in a shared separate specified data folder, it would be simpler to backup and synchronise DKDMs and server certificates.
The location of cinemas.xml is configurable in Preferences -> General. Is that enough for you?

Cheers, Carl
rtX

Post by rtX »

I could make that work, but the DKDM files are in the config.xml file and that would still need to be moved manually. From my perspective, if at all possible, I'd rather have the information for the DKDMs (both the private machine certificate and the actual DKDM certificates) in a separate file from the config.xml file, the location of which could be configured. The reason is that it would make it much easier to configure 'clone' KDM producing systems, if you get what I mean - a certain amount of redundancy, but leaves me feeling safer. I fully understand if this is not a priority, though.
Many thanks again.
scorpio81

Post by scorpio81 »

For any of you guys wanting to save DKDMs for DCP-o-matic to separate xml-files. There's a simple workaround.
First, export DCP-o-matic's decryption certificate. Then add a cinema (i.e. DKDM), add a screen (i.e. DCP-o-matic) and when asked for public server certificate choose DCP-o-matic's decryption certificate.
That's it. Any time you want to make a DKDM for DCP-o-matic, make it just like regular KDM choosing "DKDM" cinema and "DCP-o-matic" screen in "Make KDM" menu item. But don't forget to set DKDM expiration date far into the future if you don't want your DKDM expire in 1 week. :D
Then you can add your DKDM to KDM Creator (it will be stored in config.xml) and save your DKDM xml-file anywhere you want.
And don't forget to save your config.xml file to use later in case you reinstall your system otherwise your DKDMs will become invalid.