KDM email's not being sent.

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
Yecid Benavides Jr.

KDM email's not being sent.

Post by Yecid Benavides Jr. »

Hello,

Thanks for all the good info in the forums. I'm having a problem sending out KDM delivery emails from the program. I'm running version 2.9.0 and I configured my "KDM Email" preferences for two different email addresses to do some testes. One was outlook and I used Ougoing Mail Server: "smtp.live.com" with port "587", and the other one was 1and1 and I used Outgoing Mail Server: "smtp.1and1.com" with port "587" as well. When I choose "Send by Email" in the KDM (doing it as a test to see if it works) it will either say: "Couldn't connect to Server" (outlook) or "Failed sending data to peer" (1and1). I also made sure that the Cinema and Scren that I added have an email address (my own for testing purposes).

What am I doing wrong, someone please?

I'm running OSX Yosemite 10.10.5
Mac Pro Quad Core

Thanks in advance,

Yecid Jr.
carl
Site Admin

Re: KDM email's not being sent.

Post by carl »

There may be some clues if you go to Preferences -> Advanced, tick "Debug: email sending", re-try the KDM send and then send us the "log" file from your project.
Yecid Benavides Jr.

Thanks! Ok. I have the log file, but I cannot attach it here. Should I send it to a particular email?
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

Yes please: carl@dcpomatic.com
Yecid Benavides Jr.

Sent! Thanks
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

What is your "from" address set to in the DCP-o-matic preferences? It looks invalid. Try setting it to a real email address (or at least something that looks like one).
Yecid Benavides Jr.

SOLVED!!! You're absolutely right. I don't know how I overlooked that and wrote something else that was NOT an email. It sent the email perfectly. I LOVE IT!