Few Questions !!!

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
kmeh7

Few Questions !!!

Post by kmeh7 »

Hi Carl and Friends ,

I want to know couple of things !!!

I am making an encrypted dcp for a feature film with 5.1 sound

Is it possible to import separate audio and video in dcpomatic and make a dcp (similar to EASYDCP CREATOR, which has separate tab to import video and audio and then they are merged inside the easydcp software ) OR i need to make a QT with 5.1 sound added to it and then only i can create a DCP ??? How does it work in dcpomatic ? I have separate VIDEO and separate 5.1 AUDIO.

I am a little confused about making DKDMs ??? More clear info would be great. I was trying to make DKDM for another machine in my office but it was giving me error message stating " the content is not encrypted" . I had opened an encrypted DCP on first machine in office and wanted to make KDM for another machine in office but was unsuccessful with the above message. I am sure i am missing something.

Thanks in advance for all your Help.

KMEH7
Carsten

Re: Few Questions !!!

Post by Carsten »

Both interleaved and separate video/audio is possible. Just add any content you wish to combine. Open timeline view and you will recognize how it works from there.

For beginners, however, I recommend interleaved video/audio instead of separate files.

- Carsten
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

I am a little confused about making DKDMs ??? More clear info would be great. I was trying to make DKDM for another machine in my office but it was giving me error message stating " the content is not encrypted" . I had opened an encrypted DCP on first machine in office and wanted to make KDM for another machine in office but was unsuccessful with the above message. I am sure i am missing something.
That message means that the CPL you specified in the KDM dialog is not encrypted. Can you describe exactly what you did to trigger it?
kmeh7

Post by kmeh7 »

Hi carl ,

I was trying to make KDKM from inside the dcpomatic software ( jobs - make dmdm )

whereas i should open standalone KDM generator software and then make DKDM from it.

isn't it ???

if yes , then what is the "MAKE DKDM" option in dcpomatic ?

thanks in advance

Kmeh7
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

Have you read the part in the manual about this?