Rendering stops at 30%, 45%, ...

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
dagvorm

Rendering stops at 30%, 45%, ...

Post by dagvorm »

Hi guys,

Thanks for this really nice software, but I do not succeed to make a dcp of a file longer than a shortfilm.
The file I try to DCP right now is a 136750 frame-file.
It always stops overnight, never when I am at the office.

I try to pauze and resume, but that doesn't activate it again.
To be clear: I do not get an error. It is just frozen. (it still says 5.7fps but it doesn't count up anymore)

Hope you can help.
Ben
Film Fest Ghent, Belgium
carl
Site Admin

Re: Rendering stops at 30%, 45%, ...

Post by carl »

Hi Ben,
I can investigate if you can send the "log" file from your project (to carl@dcpomatic.com). Are you using an internal drive to hold the DCP, or something attached via USB or similar?
Best regards, Carl
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

DOM version, OS used, drive format?

- Carsten
Ikram

Post by Ikram »

Hi everyone!
I have the same problem. Encoding stops at 50-70%.

I'm using:
MacBook Pro 15 Retina, IntelCore i7, 256GB SSD, 16GB RAM, Intel Iris Pro Graphics, Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11.6. Have 2 USB 3.0 HDD. First HDD - Source (2TB, 159.939 DPX files). Second HDD - Project (500 GB, DCP Project).

I try to create DCP of Future Film. After 12 hours of encoding DCP-o-matic stops. I try to pause and resume, but it's still frozen. I try to launch DCP-o-matic 2 batch converter and open the project and it' starts encoding from the beginning, but DCP-o-matic is still frozen. DCP-o-matic 2 batch converter may stops at any time as DCP-o-matic. Can you help in this problem?

Carl, I sent a log file & screenshot to your mail: carl@dcpomatic.com

Thank you!
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

Hi Ikram,
Can you go to Preferences -> Advanced, tick all the "Debug:" options, re-try your encode and send me the log again?
Thanks, Carl
Ikram

Post by Ikram »

Hi Carl!
I don't know what happened, but my project rendered good. Last time I didn't say that there were 2 different formatted HDD. Source HDD was exFat, Project HDD - NTFS (I have Paragon NTFS installed). I formatted my project HDD to exFat and all done without any problem. My render was 22 hours.
Thanks!