Channel mapping

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
cloud06

Channel mapping

Post by cloud06 »

Dear all,

I have BluRay that I'm converting to DCP. It has DTS-MA audio. I just wanted to check - do I have to worry about channel mapping when dealing with these kind of files? Or should it work with default settings?

Not sure how ffmpeg handles it.

To be a bit more precise: I made MKV from BluRay and now I have everything BluRay had.
cloud06

Re: Channel mapping

Post by cloud06 »

Just to confirm for someone asking the same question: mapping is ok. When I exported DCP and tested in easzDCP player, it had correct mapping.
Kozatay

Post by Kozatay »

HI, can you tell me, which format of sound will I make for 5.1 sond in DCP? Thanks, Petr.
cloud06

Post by cloud06 »

Kozatay wrote:HI, can you tell me, which format of sound will I make for 5.1 sond in DCP? Thanks, Petr.
How to you mean which format?

DCP should be 24-bit 48khz wrapped inside MXF. DOM will convert almost anything you provide :)
gwen27

Post by gwen27 »

Is it okay to use this settings in audio mapping? The source is left & right only.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

I don't think that will sound too good. I would, at least, remove the mappings to Ls and Rs. Others who listen to files in cinemas more often than me will probably have more suggestions...
Eriksson

Post by Eriksson »

Give 'upmix B' a try. You will find it under DCP -> audio -> processor.
If the result sounds awful, try left -> left, right -> right at 100% and left -> center, right -> center at -6db. That´s pretty safe.
Beware of levels to avoid clipping.
/M.E.