Dcp with two subtitles ??

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
carl
Site Admin

Re: Dcp with two subtitles ??

Post by carl »

Hold your mouse over the greyed out box and it should tell you why.
kmeh7

Post by kmeh7 »

HI

Thanks again for solving my problem. What does "reels split by video content do " ???

I am almost done making DCP with two subtitle files. Hoping to get the subtitle on the right frame. Cos my film length is 30 mins and my subtitle length is 1 hour and 58 mins.

Hope I crack it

thanks again

Kmeh7
kmeh7

Post by kmeh7 »

Hi carl

When i make Version DCP , nothings happening. It just creates another folder with "subtitle.mxf"

How do i check if its done pasted properly ?

cos when i check in easydcp player , only the original version opens the other one show error

Should i add this "sub.mxf" file inside the main DCP ?
kmeh7

Post by kmeh7 »

Hi Carl,

Also when i am making another version , i am seeing both the subtitles together (OV and VF both ) . what could be the reason ?
scorpio81

Post by scorpio81 »

Hi kmeh!

Correct VF with subtitles should contain Assetmap, PKL, CPL and folder(s) with *.ttf and *.xml files in each folder for text subtitles or *.xml and multiple *.png files for prerendered graphic subtitles.

I'm afraid that EasyDCP player won't be able to playback VF unless it's inside OV. It doesn't allow to open two DCPs simultaneously which is required to playback VF because main audio and video files are in OV. And making combined DCP (with VF and OV inside one folder) is not possible with DOM. It can be done manually for unsigned DCPs by combining PKLs and Assetmaps with Notepad and moving contents of VF DCP folder to OV folder but the exact file structure of PKL and Assetmap must be preserved so it's not an easy task to do.
kmeh7

Post by kmeh7 »

Hi,
So lets say if DOM made VF correctly. Is there any way to check it.... besides theatre server ? I only have easydcp player or resolve to check it .

I mean i want to be sure that it is made right... before sending it and i have to give them no matter what. so what can be my best bet ???

kmeh7
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

So lets say if DOM made VF correctly. Is there any way to check it.... besides theatre server ?
I don't know if any PC players cope with OV and VF DCPs. You could create yet another DCP-o-matic project and add them both into that (add VF first, right-click it and choose Add OV).
Also when i am making another version , i am seeing both the subtitles together (OV and VF both ) . what could be the reason ?
If your OV has subtitles you need to select it in the DCP-o-matic content list, go to the subtitle tab and untick "Use subtitles."
kmeh7

Post by kmeh7 »

Hi carl,

I must be doing something wrong. My VF is only making " subtitle.mxf".

Any ideas ???
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

Is the "make dcp" job running without any errors? Perhaps we could see what files you have in your DCP-o-matic project afterwards?
kmeh7

Post by kmeh7 »

Hi,

Well sometimes the bar doesnt mov at all and sometimes it finishes in 15 sec.

I am completely lost. So i asked you any ground rules for making VFs ? Like VF should have similar name or should be in same folder or anything ?

Thanks
Kmeh7