Could not load KDM (document not well formed)

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
cloud06

Re: Could not load KDM (document not well formed)

Post by cloud06 »

Carsten wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:37 pm That is rather strange, for what reason would they send ZIP files to some locations, but zzz files to others? What country are you experiencing this in?

- Carsten
It probably doesn't have anything to do with country. Probably just depends on who sends KDMs. Anyways, I'm from Croatia.

But this guy from Canada received KDMs as zzz files also...
http://www.film-tech.com/ubb/f16/t001816.html

Google search reveals that some people just like to change ZIP to ZZZ (or whatever) when attaching to avoid spam filters. Nothing strange in that, so I think we can just rename extension when receiving ZZZ files ant that's it :)

Also, sometimes I receive KDM in ZIP and after extracting I end up with .pem file. If I rename that to .xml I get folder with XML inside that I can attach to DCP in DOM (pem doesn't work). That's also good tip and unusual behaviour.
Carsten

Re: Could not load KDM (document not well formed)

Post by Carsten »

Yeah, I remember that thread. It looks as if some KDM services rename ZIP files to ZZZ files automatically if the receiver is a GMAIL address. Looks as if GMAIL won't let ZIP through. If that's true, only some recipients booked at certain renown mail providers would receive ZZZ files, while others would receive the same files with the ZIP extension left intact. Personally, I can't confirm this, as my gmail account receives ZIP files without problems.

- Carsten