Obtaining certificates for KDM generation

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
jonny

Obtaining certificates for KDM generation

Post by jonny »

Hi all,

I apologise in advance if this has already been asked and answered but I am trying to find out as much info as possible.

My friend and I are starting a small business where we will be generating DCPs and KDMs.

As I work in a cinema I know that the common practice is for companies such as Deluxe to request server/IMB serial numbers and model info from the cinema. I know this information is used to obtain the certs used to generate KDMs however I do not know where we can obtain the certs. I know many of the servers hold a copy of the certs which can be downloaded but I also know that this is not common practice, as I, as the chief technician/projectionist at a cinema, I have never been asked to do this.

So my question is, where do I go to obtain certs for KDM generation using the model and serial number information supplied by cinemas? Is there a central database or do I have to contact the manufacturer? Any help with this would be fantastic.

Thanks in advance,

Jonny
scorpio81

Re: Obtaining certificates for KDM generation

Post by scorpio81 »

Hi, Jonny!
Certificates for Dolby and Doremi servers can be obtained from ftp.cinema.dolby.com. This is the only open database.
Certificates for other servers should be obtained directly from servers or from manufacturers by request.
P.S. You will need only Base64-encoded SHA256 certs with .pem extension.
jonny

Re: Obtaining certificates for KDM generation

Post by jonny »

Thanks for your reply scorpio81.

Yeah that seems like the right approach to take. I wonder how I get hold of certs for Sony equipment as they don't have a very easy to use contact us section on their website.

Cheers
J