View Bug Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0001328||DCP-o-matic||[All Projects] Bugs||public||2018-06-25 16:03||2019-02-09 14:29|
|Priority||high||Severity||crash||Reproducibility||have not tried|
|Platform||Mac||OS||Mac OS||OS Version||10.12.6|
|Target Version||Fixed in Version|
|Summary||0001328: Error when trying to make DCP from Quicktime + DCP where trim set on both|
I tried to make a DCP from 2 bits of content together:
I set start trim on the ProRes to 00s01f.
To explain: I already made a DCP of this film, but now need to make amendments to the opening sequence. So am trying to insert the new opening sequence (ProRes) and copy rest of the frames from the 1st DCP. The reason for the 1 frame discrepancy between length of ProRes (42s00f) and trim on source DCP (41s24f) is that the first frame of the ProRes is blank and being trimmed off.
Making the DCP as 25fps. Container size is Flat (both in the source DCP and output DCP). So the frames from the source DCP are not being re-encoded.
I click "Make DCP" and after a while it stops with error:
I'm not sure at what point in the process the error came up as I set it going and then left it alone for a while. The error was there when I came back.
DCP-o-matic 2.12.6 on an iMac. No network encoding nodes.
|Tags||No tags attached.|
|Estimated work required||Unknown|
I also tried to get around the problem by:
I got the same error as above.
It appears it either DOM does not like joining 2 DCPs together or (more likely) it doesn't like the trim start on 2nd source DCP.
I finally succeeded by:
This did not produce an error.
I therefore conclude that what caused the error was: trying to create a DCP from 2 sources where trim is applied to the 2nd source and the 2nd source is a DCP. I have not tested to see if the same problem occurs if the 2nd source is a Quicktime file.
Sorry it's taken me 3 posts to properly pin down the problem!
Do you know what your reel mode setting ("reels" in the DCP tab) was?
Thanks for looking into this. Reel mode setting was "Single reel".
Could possibly be fixed by 3af7c0760164299e425a834b952846151109d137
If you get the chance, perhaps you could test this again once 2.14.0 is released, to see if it's still a problem.
Thanks Carl. Yes I will do when it's released.
|2018-06-25 16:03||overlookmotel||New Bug|
|2018-06-25 16:18||overlookmotel||Note Added: 0002488|
|2018-06-25 16:27||carl||Target Version||=> 2.14.0|
|2018-06-25 18:45||overlookmotel||Note Added: 0002489|
|2018-07-09 15:17||carl||Priority||normal => high|
|2018-07-09 18:31||carl||Assigned To||=> carl|
|2018-07-09 18:31||carl||Status||new => feedback|
|2018-07-09 18:31||carl||Note Added: 0002523|
|2018-07-10 15:56||overlookmotel||Note Added: 0002527|
|2018-07-10 15:56||overlookmotel||Status||feedback => assigned|
|2019-02-07 21:52||carl||Note Added: 0003051|
|2019-02-08 21:31||carl||Status||assigned => feedback|
|2019-02-08 21:31||carl||Note Added: 0003059|
|2019-02-08 21:31||carl||Target Version||2.14.0 =>|
|2019-02-09 14:29||overlookmotel||Note Added: 0003062|
|2019-02-09 14:29||overlookmotel||Status||feedback => assigned|