View Issue Details

IDProjectCategoryView StatusLast Update
0001725DCP-o-matic[All Projects] Bugspublic2020-05-20 22:26
ReporterCarsten Assigned Tocarl  
PriorityimmediateSeveritymajorReproducibilityalways
Status resolvedResolutionfixed 
Platform64 bitOSWindowsOS Version7
Product Version2.14.x 
Target Version2.16.0Fixed in Version 
Summary0001725: Bug in template handling in 2.15.42 and 2.15.46
Description

I think someone already reported a bug in the template handling when updating between 2.14.x and 2.15.x, can't remember wether it was on the forum or mailing list.

Today, I had it in WIN7-64 and 2.15.42 - upgrading to 2.15.46 shows the same behaviour:

I regularly use a template to fade-in and fade-out content over a few frames. After I upgraded to 2.15.42, whenever I create a new DCP using this template (with a still, typically), preview playback crashes DCP-o-matic - the app hangs and doesn't return,

I have to force-quit it in task manager. When I create the same project manually, e.g. adding the same still, setting fade-in/-out by the same amount, playback works. I noticed though, that while the GUI is hanging, background processes still seem to work, even if the GUI isn't updating. E.g. when I create the DCP, and hit 'SPACE' while it is converting, the conversion still seems to finish, even though nothing in the GUI indicates this. I noticed this because the first time I force-quit the app using task manager when it hung on SPACE-play, I still found a complete DCP afterwards. Probably not important, but, as there is no visible crash/error message, might give a hint.

I then downgraded to 2.14.31 and the problem is gone. Not sure, though, wether it's an actual issue with the template handling, or just a 2.15.x playback issue (as reported elsewhere).

  • Carsten
Tagsnext
Branch
Estimated weeks required
Estimated work requiredUndecided

Activities

carl

2020-05-20 22:26

administrator   ~0003830

I think this was caused by the "general" playback problems that existed around that time; let me know if you can still reproduce it with recent 2.15.x. Thanks!

Issue History

Date Modified Username Field Change
2020-03-02 20:43 Carsten New Issue
2020-03-02 20:43 Carsten Status new => assigned
2020-03-02 20:43 Carsten Assigned To => carl
2020-03-02 21:16 Carsten Description Updated View Revisions
2020-03-02 21:16 Carsten Estimated work required => Undecided
2020-03-02 21:22 Carsten Description Updated View Revisions
2020-03-03 00:21 carl Tag Attached: next
2020-05-17 20:17 carl Priority normal => immediate
2020-05-20 22:26 carl Status assigned => resolved
2020-05-20 22:26 carl Resolution open => fixed
2020-05-20 22:26 carl Note Added: 0003830