Chapter 19. Verifying DCPs
The DCP-o-matic Player (see Chapter 18, Playing DCPs) also offers a DCP verifier. To check a DCP,
open it and then select Verify DCP from the
The verifier will report three kinds of problems:
- Errors — serious problems with the DCP that are likely to cause problems on playback.
- Bv2.1 errors — errors described by the SMPTE Bv2.1 standard.
- Warnings — small problems that may not matter.
The following sections list what the verifier checks for in each category.
- A general error when reading the DCP.
- The hash of the CPL in the PKL does not agree with the CPL file.
- The hash of a main picture asset does not agree with the PKL file.
- The hash of a main picture is different in the CPL and PKL.
- The hash of a main sound asset does not agree with the PKL file.
- The hash of a main sound is different in the CPL and PKL.
- A file mentioned in an asset map cannot be found.
- The DCP contains both SMPTE and Interop-standard components.
- Some XML fails to validate against its XSD/DTD.
ASSETMAP.xml was found.
- An asset's
IntrinsicDuration is less than 1 second.
- An asset's
Duration is less than 1 second.
- The JPEG2000 data in at least one picture frame is larger than the equivalent of 250Mbit/s.
- A subtitle lasts for longer than the reel which contains it.
- General error during JPEG2000 codestream verification.
- Some closed captions do not have the same vertical alignment within a <
- Some closed captions are not listed in the XML in the order of their vertical position.
- Some <MainMarkers> asset has an <EntryPoint> that should not be there.
- Some <MainMarkers> asset has an <Duration> that should not be there.
- A <ContentKind> has been specified with either no scope or the SMPTE 429-7 scope, but which is not one of those allowed.
- Either the width or height of a <MainPictureActiveArea> in a CPL is either not an even number, or bigger than the corresponding asset dimension..
- A PKL has more than one asset with the same ID.
- An ASSETMAP has more than one asset with the same ID.